THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Drugged hippo charges at Kruger vet (fantastic photo)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drugged hippo charges at Kruger vet (fantastic photo)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfr...-Kruger-vet-20101111

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9415 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the vet. went to texas a&m ??? sofa sofa sofa jumping Good morning Lane Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Dr. de Bruyn. Fast thinking and action.

Regards

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Muzzle? Are you #*itting me?

They may be Hippo researchers but I'm not sure they know how lucky they were. That picture with the Hippo's mouth open and the guy on his back in the water is really quite frightening if you know what a Hippo bite can do to the human body.

WOnder how many Hippo have drowned after getting the new cocktail from these guys?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is a trophy fee payable in this case? bewildered

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
I wonder if the vet. went to texas a&m ??? sofa sofa sofa jumping Good morning Lane Big Grin

Nah...In Texas we cull folks with that particualr type of problem before they go to vet school.

Now the hippo...that is another story...he may be a Texan by proxy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36856 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Now, that's an action photo if I have ever seen one!

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Its the dead one's that kill you or the sleepy one's

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Guess that's where the dance style "HIP HOP" must have originated ?????

Posts: 534 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Next time use a .600 cal Tranquilizer !! Eeker
Yes very lucky !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put that boy on their Olympic swim team-Backstroke

shocker

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, Good Answer!!! Have you seen anyone wearing t sip shirts in your part of Texas? Funny how scarce they get when their team is loosing...

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
Lane, Good Answer!!! Have you seen anyone wearing t sip shirts in your part of Texas? Funny how scarce they get when their team is loosing...

tu2 Wink archer holycow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36856 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote