THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    HIPPO CITES Permit expires while waitting for USFW inspection

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HIPPO CITES Permit expires while waitting for USFW inspection
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BIJOUCREEK
posted
My shipment of mozambique trophies finally made it to the states and is now waiting for fish and wildlife to do the final inspection. Looking at my cites export from moz it expired 2 days after the shipment arrived in JFK 5/24/10 I finally got the shipment here in denver cleared by customs on 6/2/10 now its sitting at the tannery waiting for USFW to open the box and inspect it. Will it matter that the export cites is expired? or did the shipment just need to leave moz before the export permit expired? It made it to JFK before expiring will that matter? Is this nothing or is going to cause a hold up confiscation? any help or knowledge on Export cites for hippo

Posts: 155 | Location: Byers Co | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hippo are CITES II which means you need an export permit but not an import permit.

Therefore you had a valid export permit when it was exported and you don't need an import permit.

In other words, you should be fine. Wink

One of Us
Picture of BIJOUCREEK
posted Hide Post
Thats what I thought but with all the horror stories with usfw i got myself all worked up about it, USFW inspector in Denver is the worst of the worst any flaw and she just takes the trophies. hopefully everything else is good.

thanks

Posts: 155 | Location: Byers Co | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I see no reason why you should have a problem but as you say USF&WS are a law unto themselves. Roll Eyes