THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    TONY what base for the DOCTOR OPTIC sight?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TONY what base for the DOCTOR OPTIC sight?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
The DOCTOR OPTIC site you have for your double, what base is used for it? I'm thinking that you have claw mounts on that rifle, but are other mounts available for that sight? Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I'm not at home so don't have access to my catalog but MAK makes mounts for that sight if my memory is correct. I was seriously thinking about it for my Merkel Double.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
while the purists will give a gasp of horror , having some sort of optik , as are being developped these days will certainly improve your number of "takeable" shots , particularly on buff , ele are always close but if you have to shoot a buff at further than 60 yards and in dense bush , its guessworkl and luck with express sights ..

i have been looking closely at the trijicon reflex ...only prob is that the lumination sometimes can overpower the target ...

in one of the african hunters last year there was an excellent article on the various optics ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that Blaser has a special QR mount for the Docter optic, to fit on the S2 double.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

I have 2 Doctor Optic [DO] sights. One is on my R 93 375 H&H Blaser Tracker bbl, the other is on my Blaser R 93 308 Tracker barrel.

These are my 2 favorite and most used Blaser barrels.
In fact I shot the DO on the 308 bbl today.

I have a 1-4 S&B scope in claw mounts on my 450/400 3 1/4 double rifle.

I like the DO sight so much I am going to have one fitted to the 400.

EAW, MAK and Henneberger all make a DO base that can be fitted to the rear claw mount.

Take a look at the DO sight at www.opticplanet.com.
It is very small, rugged and gives you a great sight picture. It automatically adjusts the brightness of the red dot from bright daylight to shooting at night.

They are very easy to sight in with the screwdriver and the MOA wheel that you get with the sight.

For you Bolt Rifle Trash shooters you can also get a base for weaver cross slots, pivot mounts etc.

There is also several mount bases for handguns.

Of ALL the Red Dot sights I have shot, and I have shot a lot of them, I think the Doctor Optic is the BEST, bar none for Double rifles.

When I tested a Doctor Optic sight on an AR 15 I shot just as good groups with it at 100 yards, as I did with a 2.5-8 Leupold MKIV MR, set at 8X. Both sights being shot on the same rifle, same ammo.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500Grains

Dan I will be in SLC around Feb 12 or 13, you can shoot the DO sight on my 308 Tracker and give a report on AR on your thoughts.

I will buy lunch, IF Aleko lets me.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote