New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who should I talk to in Reno?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend and I are planning to book a buffalo hunt while we are at SCI in Reno. The hunt would be in 2008. Who do you suggest we talk to?

Thanks
TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Bill Williamson of Fair Chase, LTD. He books for Russ Broom. I've used Bill a couple of times. Great guy, honest as hell, and a good communicator.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Give Wendall Reich a call at Hunters Quest International. He is very good on buffs!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the buffalo that Adam Clement's has showing from Tanzania?

I suspect with the quality buff he has in his Masailand concessions that now is the time to book for 2008.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry

To follow Bill's comments we can take about 4 more buffalo hunts in Lobo for '08 otherwise Masailand is sold out for '08. The Selous and Mahenge have more openings but between now and Reno a lot of that will fill also. An early booking is always a good idea.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not just talk to Russ Broom himself? He always has a booth there!!

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
Bill Williamson of Fair Chase, LTD. He books for Russ Broom. I've used Bill a couple of times. Great guy, honest as hell, and a good communicator.

-Steve

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TerryR:
A friend and I are planning to book a buffalo hunt while we are at SCI in Reno. The hunt would be in 2008. Who do you suggest we talk to?

Thanks
TerryR

Talk to as many outfitters as possible and ask them who the best outfitters are. They will tell you.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I would second Russ Broom. He is a straight shooter and I would trust him to take good care of me again.

I doubt that you could speak to a more respected Zim PH.

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talk to Dale Des Fountain of Brooklands Safaris.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
There are many, many excellent outfits out there that will afford you the dream of a lifetime. What you should first decide is where you want to hunt and what else in addition to the buffalo.
Personally I think it's false economy to book one of those short duration (seven days) hunts for buffalo only instead of spending the extra money for a more diversified hunt that at a minimum should include five ro six more animals representing a good cross section of what Africa has to offer. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, my list keeps getting longer.
I've already done a Buffalo hunt, with Mark Kyriacau in Botswana, I'll definately talk to Mark while I'm in Reno, I've enjoyed hunting with mark's outfit and the Okavango Delta is special. This time, however, my Deer hunting buddy, Dr. Joe, wants to go on a Buffalo hunt for his 60th birthday. Joe has never been to Africa, he'd like a tented hunt in a relatively pristine area. Cost is an issue, but not an overriding one, still, it would be nice to be able to add some plains game to the menu. Joe will be with me in Reno. We plan to sit down and talk with several people and book before we leave. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote