THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Thanks to all the AR members who make it all worthwhile

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to all the AR members who make it all worthwhile
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Back to France this morning, straight to the office from the airport, and still wondering which time zone I'm in.

I had a wonderful time in Dallas and would like to thank every AR member I met for their hospitality, generosity and good old-fashioned friendliness. That's why I go, and that's why I'll keep going whenever I can. I haven't had so much fun in years.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
i shook hands with many great AR members and it was great to put faces to names ...

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Wink, it was great to visit with you. I tried to catch you before you left on Sunday since Buzz wanted to meet you and tell you to tell JB hello. You need to drag JB along next year.

. . . and thanks especially for the introduction to Armagnac.

[Edited: From Wikipedia "Research conducted by scientists at Bordeaux University in 2007 suggested that Armagnac has health benefits, finding that moderate consumption can help protect against heart disease and obesity." I think that is reason enough for me to buy a bottle on the way home.]

Mike

Posts: 21380 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wink,
It was a pleasure to meet and share a few stories with you. I look forward to having a friend and tour guide to point me toward the right lodging and restaurants the next time I have a stopover in France! See you in Dallas next year!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Wink,

We enjoyed dinner Friday night! It was a pleasure to see you again, I just wish we could have stayed over another day to catch up a bit more.

I sure hope you will be back over next year!

Best,

Jim

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Wink, it was great to visit with you. I tried to catch you before you left on Sunday since Buzz wanted to meet you and tell you to tell JB hello. You need to drag JB along next year.

. . . and thanks especially for the introduction to Armagnac.

[Edited: From Wikipedia "Research conducted by scientists at Bordeaux University in 2007 suggested that Armagnac has health benefits, finding that moderate consumption can help protect against heart disease and obesity." I think that is reason enough for me to buy a bottle on the way home.]

I applied extreme peer group pressure on JB a few weeks before Christmas to no avail. I'll try again next year of course, but he claims he has professional obligations, a rather overused excuse in my opinion. If someone could give him some ideas for a hunt in the USA which dovetails nicely with the DSC dates, I'll bet an opening in his work schedule will appear. AR members will have to ensure the Armagnac supply during his visit.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
p.m. sent re Malbec.

Nice to see you in Dallas!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote