Find
Notify
Tools

Warthog full mount Your views
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Hi there I have taken some pics of this full mount warthog what do you guys think? I really think it looks really good and natural check out the ears they are pointing back like warthogs do when they drink. Now I just have to find a warthog that looks good enough. lol

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Anything that gives you the excuse to go out and shoot a Warthog is good in my opinion....

Personaly I think you should have a little herd of them drinking at a waterhole!!! Wink

Nice mount though.
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
That is nice! I had decided I wanted a full body warthog, and then shot one in Zim that had such a huge body (estimated at about 350 pounds) that he would have been like having a shetland pony in the trophy room, so after I got him on the ground, I told the skinners to prepare him for a 3/4 mount. I'm thinking of having him done emerging from a den.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Neat mount! If you do a herd, have some of them making new wart hogs. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
I am not saying they never do this but the majority of warthogs I have seen drinking are standing on 4 legs and leaning in to drink. On the knees is more of a feeding pose IMO. I believe they are the only animals that I can think of that will graze on their knees like this.

I really like full mounted warthogs as they do not take up too much room and they really show off the animal.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grafton: I believe they are the only animals that I can think of that will graze on their knees like this.

Here's a pic I took of one that drinks and prays at the same time. Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I decided to go with the half body mount.

Call me crazy but I think the next warthog I take I would like to have it made into a rug much like a bear or lion rug.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote