THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Massive Namibian Python captured on video!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massive Namibian Python captured on video!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here is a link to a great video of a Python in a pond! taken in Namibia.

I understand that there were two of them, both the same size. Pythons are protected in Namibia.

It is the video on the left.

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Dirk saw the snakes and took the video the week before we hunted with him and told me that that he had never seen a single python that big let alone two. We hunted near the pond for several days but were never lucky enough to see either snake. According to Dirk it was a once in a lifetime event to see 2 snakes that big in that area.

Posts: 87 | Location: The oasis of Nevada | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Thats a biiiiggg snake!!!!

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MY, that's a BIG ONE!!! Eeker

DC300

Posts: 334 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think the snake likes that music..?? Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was with Dirk when this video was shot. Due to the harsh wind, we decided to still hunt a water hole after lunch one day. Dirk was walking the perimeter looking for leopard tracks. I saw the snake come out of the brush into the open bank about 100 yards away opposite the bank Dirk was on. I yelled out that there was a big snake and once Dirk saw it, he said “Let's catch it†as he ran by me. Once he got up on it, the size became apparent. He decided it was too big to “catchâ€. The markings on this critter were beautiful. We were both standing with a couple of feet of this snake and it had no fear of us. Most of the video is shot from the blind. The snake swan around the water hole for about an hour. At one point there were some ducks that were swimming and driving under and around the snake as it swan. I thought I was going to witness a Nation Geographic moment but the snake wasn't aggressive/hungry at all. Eventually it exited the water into the brush on the opposite bank. Within a few minutes of the first snake leaving the water, we saw another snake of equal size come into view exactly where we saw the first snake appeared. It crawled into the water and stayed submerged. We were there at least another 2 hours and never saw it resurface. For me, this was probably a once in a life time treasure.

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RSIMMONS:
I was with Dirk when this video was shot. Due to the harsh wind, we decided to still hunt a water hole after lunch one day. Dirk was walking the perimeter looking for leopard tracks. I saw the snake come out of the brush into the open bank about 100 yards away opposite the bank Dirk was on. I yelled out that there was a big snake and once Dirk saw it, he said “Let's catch it†as he ran by me. Once he got up on it, the size became apparent. He decided it was too big to “catchâ€. The markings on this critter were beautiful. We were both standing with a couple of feet of this snake and it had no fear of us. Most of the video is shot from the blind. The snake swan around the water hole for about an hour. At one point there were some ducks that were swimming and driving under and around the snake as it swan. I thought I was going to witness a Nation Geographic moment but the snake wasn't aggressive/hungry at all. Eventually it exited the water into the brush on the opposite bank. Within a few minutes of the first snake leaving the water, we saw another snake of equal size come into view exactly where we saw the first snake appeared. It crawled into the water and stayed submerged. We were there at least another 2 hours and never saw it resurface. For me, this was probably a once in a life time treasure.

I would have loved to see them.

I dont like snakes but to see these big guys up close while hunting must make for an exiting hunting/camp fire story...

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted Hide Post
Nice snake, Just to show everything is bigger in Africa.

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote