Find
Notify
Tools

Preparation for safari started...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
To all started with firearms to take with me to Tananzia... I upgraded to 21 days...Got some of the heavy hitters on license now...I had a friend give me for the year to practice a Famars 450 # 2 N.E., my 458 Lott, and a 338 with a Leupold illuminated...I have added lion, leopard, ele, & hippo!!!
Have started a journal and bought a new digital camera Sony cyper shot 12X zoom...Planning to get a satelite phone to keep all posted about hunt progress... My better half is keeping Ray busy with questions of to do's and what abouts...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Mike,

You don't need a 450 #2 NE on a 16 day hunt. Did you upgrade? Details man, details!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Dude. 21 days, huh? Trying to make the rest of us losers jealous, are you? Just whack a bunch of critters and, of course, you're going to have to trickle in the gazillion pics for us who're stuck on dial-up.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
One small bit of advice, (where I'm marginally qualified to give it even) Go big on the memory for your camera. 1 Gig cards are < $100 and new cameras take "good" (enough for the net) video. You'll eat up memory quick. It's small too.
Best of luck in your prep, trip, and safe return!
Let's keep this thread towards the top thumb

Collins

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Retreever,

Will you have a chance at trophy bull elephant?

Will you be at Saeed's camp or is this hunt in a different location?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote