New
Find
Notify
Tools

Theirry Labat
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With help from Mark Young, I will be hunting buffalo in the Save this year and my PH will be Theirry Labat. Any of you folks had the pleasure of hunting with Theirry? It would be nice to hear about your experience. Thank you.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Pegleg,

Thierry is a good friend of mine. Serious hunter but lots of humor.

Dave

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=252108249#252108249

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will have a great and fun hunt with Thierry.

I'd add more but have to run now. PM me if you feel you need more.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
excellent guy , hard hunter fun to be around

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I almost hunted Lord Derby eland in CAR w/Thierry last year but the outfit he hunts for was booked. Met him in camp briefly, based on comms he seems like a great guy, and all references from hunters and PH's (including Ganyana) were positive.

His email is as follows in case you would like to chat with him directly: tlabatsafaris@zol.co.zw

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JPK - You have a PM

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good lad- You should have a great time.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Pegleg

Theirry is a great hunter. I had the pleasure of going on a few hunts with him in 2005 in Chewore South and on Humani. He is also one of the funniest guys i know. He is a great guy to have in camp you will have a great hunt with him.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Spent time with him at Chewore South camp whilst he was an apprentice.
Good guy and boy he can run!

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beer

Thanks gentlemen!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Theirry is a wonderful guy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36686 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To quote one of Thierry's clients in Chewore-"Ill est formidable y tres amusent dans le chasse".Top flight PH! John Clader DVM

Posts: 155 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I just completed 16 days (May 31 to June 15, 2009)in the Save with Thierry Labat. We clubbed a big dagga boy, a monster of an old tom leopard, and ten other animals. He is a professional in every sense of the word. Hard worker, good hunter, great person. You have alot to look forward to. You will be ready to rebook with him before the hunt is over, I did.

Are you going to Sango or Hammond/Arda?

E-mail me if you want more info or pictures.

Will Parks
willparks@scottsboro.org

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I leave September 29th to hunt with him for 21 days for all the big stuff.

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
You are in for a treat. Be sure to ask him about the charging buffalo we hammered at 8 steps and "Professor Spots", that we shot by moonlight. If I knew how to upload a picture, I would, but the pictures are posted on the Zambezi Hunters website under 2009 Trophies.

Will

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
That, my friends, is Mr. Labat. FYI, he is in the back, behind the dead leopard and the fat lawyer.

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
thierry is excellent and lots of fun aswel

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two months to go and my wife and I are off to hunt with Thierry in the Sango. These recent pictures sure make the waiting hard. I've packed and unpacked about 10 times and have shot my rifles so much that I'm thinking "Shoot-that-away" would be rebarreling by now. Big Grin
My workout routine has become second hand and I'm in better shape than I've been in since the fighting days.
One thing about it, Zambezi Hunters has it goin' on! and I intend to make the most of it. thumb

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Pegleg: Are you and the wife staying in Ingwe or the tented camp?

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will:
We will be in the tented camp.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll give another big thumbs up for Thierry- my hunt with him was great. His trackers Isaac and Moodini are top notch as well, good english and a good sense of humour.

He likes to lay down in the leopard blind instead of using a chair- he thinks its quieter
If you are there when they make the blind ask Isaac to leave a nice little hump or rock to massage Thierry's back.

Shoot me a PM if you like, I just hunted with him before Safari-Lawyer did.

Posts: 171 | Location: ontario canada | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote