Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dip and ship?
 Login/Join

posted
We will be hunting in south Africa in July and hunting near East London, does anyone have a good Dip and pack service they would recomend? and one that North America Taxidermist like!

Posts: 14 | Location: Ssakatchewan | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highveldt service sucks, you might as well send you things via Zim. You would see them sooner.
Chipolopolo

Posts: 376 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Most likely your PH in RSA will recommend somebody. Be informed and ask a lot of questions up front. Ask about such things as cost of shipping crates, transport of trophies, skinning fees, handling fees, etc. Such things have a way of creeping into the bill. Next thing you know you will be paying $150 USD for a particle board crate that cost them $20 to construct (maybe!).

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also find out the shipping agent and what the will estimate fo a crate of the needed size. you dip psck guy csn give you that.Last who will be you importer here in the states and what will they charge? It all adds up so makethem give you quostes in wrting and compare different sources.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I guess the place we are going to, uses Splitting image taxidermy. anyone use them?

Posts: 14 | Location: Ssakatchewan | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This topic brings up an issue that I think needs some clarification. If you are booked with a safari company that recommends a dip/pack/shipping service that needs to be watched so they do not cheat you you need to book with someone else. Your total involvement in the whole process should be giving the PH your trophy tags and paying for your frieght, broker fees etc. If you are so uncomfortalbe with the people you are dealing with that you feel you need to micro manage a process you have no real knowledge of you might consider that a differnt safari is best for you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just recieved my mounted trophys from 07 RSA hunt.I used Karoo Taxidermy in Graaff-Reinet and am happy with their work.I used Ron,s Wildlife Service here in Canada to clear the shipment through customs.Although there were some delays everything arrived in perfect condition.

Posts: 45 | Location: saskatchewan,canada | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote