THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anybody hunt the Caprivi in the Impalila conservancy

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody hunt the Caprivi in the Impalila conservancy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a hunt for a own use ele bull hunt with Jamy Traut there and would like to hear what it will be like.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Very flat and very wet! It's basically a vast papyrus swamp between the Chobe and Zambezi rivers. If you are there at the same time as the elephant, it will be paradise. But they don't stay long.

We spent a month there, and in Kasika, a few years ago, waiting for a big Botswana bull to wander through. Best advice I can give is that swamp hunting is tough, if not brutal, so you need to be fit.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
depends on when you will be there . i was in the area in Oct last year( before the rains started) and VERY dry.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted the Kasika in October and never got my feet wet. Lots of elephant and buff in the flood plain, lots of crocs and hippo in the rivers, and lots of people.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be going in the middle of July, wading water with snakes and crocks I'm not so sure about. Hope to experience getting up close to those big body Bos bulls.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask Jamy. He should know I would think Eeker

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote