Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Reno 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Where's everyone staying? When are you showing up? I'm thinking of flying in Wed and leaving Sat morning myself.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4780 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sunday to Sunday, Atlantis Hotel.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9499 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Home.

First time to miss both shows in many years.

Alas, Central Africa beckons.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Jealous ... Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4780 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tuesday thru Monday.

Doug

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Home.

First time to miss both shows in many years.

Alas, Central Africa beckons.

You poor son of a gun, I feel for you. NOT!

Mr and Mrs Slapchops will miss your presence in Reno!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Planning Wednesday thru Friday, staying at the Silver Legacy.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of attending this year for the first time.Thursday-Saturday.This or DSC-one of the two.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I'll probably stay at the Silver Legacy as well. Stayed there last time I was in Reno, no complaints.

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife & I found a great condo through VRBL ( Vacation Rentals By Owner) We never stay @ hotels anymore, VRBO homes are way cheaper, plus privacy, quiet, & loaded kitchens!

This will be our 1st SCI national, we're looking to book a buffalo hunt next summer...any suggestions are highly appreciated...

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Monday through Saturday. Silver Legacy.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Arrive Tuesday and depart Saturday. Silver Legacy has always been good to me and it's the IPHA hotel. Only missed one in the past 17 years - got sick a week before the show and had to cancel.

I made the arrangements for the AR gathering at Brew Brothers the last time in Reno. Any interest this time?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joester:

This will be our 1st SCI national, we're looking to book a buffalo hunt next summer...any suggestions are highly appreciated...

Aaron Neilson would be a good guy to speak to about a buff hunt!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have to do it the poor mans way;

All in one day, Saturday, then turn around and drive 8 hours home!

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I'll probably go Friday-Saturday. Likely to stay in Incline Village, Lake Tahoe since we have a house there. Not quite as convenient as staying at the Atlantis, but a 45 miuute drive isn't bad and Tahoe is gorgeous in winter.

Posts: 3914 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sunday through Sunday.
Atlantis

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by joester:

Aaron Neilson would be a good guy to speak to about a buff hunt!

+1

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Arrive Tuesday and depart Saturday. Silver Legacy has always been good to me and it's the IPHA hotel. Only missed one in the past 17 years - got sick a week before the show and had to cancel.

I made the arrangements for the AR gathering at Brew Brothers the last time in Reno. Any interest this time?

I'm interesed.

Regards,

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys come by and see me in the Heym Booth, and introduce yourselves.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Booth 962 talking about those self guided Cameroon hunts you are all reluctant to take!
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will arrive on Tuesday and depart on Saturday evening. Haven't picked a hotel yet, it's usually Circus, El Dorado or Silver Legacy. Best airfare/hotel package will determine the abode. Brew Brothers always seems packed and very noisy, but don't know if anything else is an alternative for a get together?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
The grand sierra is very nice and I think they provide a shutttle.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't make SCI this year but I will be in Dallas for the DSC

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We usually stay at either the Grand Sierra or at the Comfort Inn with Gen. Chuck Yeager.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ten hour drive from either Idaho or Salt Lake City for us - A little out of the way place for the 5 of us to bed down is home, close to the show. Be there Thurs through Sat. and head home Sunday.

Catch up on past friendships, spoil the ladies, do a little business, and maybe book a retirement hunt for 2014.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote