New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI this year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm planning to attend, but have already heard of a couple of exhibitors not attending (that I typically like to visit).

I know there was an issue when SCI said they would start booking trips, does anyone know if that has made a material impact on exhibitor's attending?

Wondering if there is a swing to DSC?

I'm not trying to start a big argument about SCI, I'm genuinely trying to figure out if the show will be meaningfully different this year before I start spending money to go.

Thanks

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since SCI backed off of their insane "booking hunts" thing right away, doubt if this will have any bearing on who exhibits at SCI. ALL Shows experience a percentage of exhibitors who choose not to exhibit from time to time, and new ones who choose to come on board. Don't think you will be disappointed in the ones that will be at SCI this year? They are claiming a record number of exhibitors for this years Show so give it a go.

Attended both Shows last year and had a great time at each one. My personal opinion, and it's just that, SCI still puts on the best bang for the buck for the attendee.

I am sure we will hear from the "haters" even if this was not your intent. Have a great time which ever one you choose, a winner either way.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabattti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Who are the couple of exhibitors who are deciding not to attend?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have attended the SCI convention faithfully every year since 2006. This year I decided to attend the DSC convention instead because it is earlier in the year and just to see the difference . I personally know of 2 Outfitters that are attending only one of the conventions this year because of finances mostly due to the Elephant ban in Zim. I am sad to see that SCI has decided to move their show to LV on a permanent basis. I understand they made the change to better accommodate international airlines connections. I find Reno to be a much friendlier and accommodating city

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The undisputed reasons that SCI moved their convention to Las Vegas was because the Reno Convention and Vistor's Authority, and the Reno International Airport, both utterly failed to plan, long term, for growth and for the expansion of conventions like SCI. Who wouldn't move? Better weather, easier to get to from anywhere in the world, and a welcoming Las Vegas Convention and Vistor's Authority and a new, modern and busy international airport that can handle all of the convention traffic that you can throw at it. It was a no brainer. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I was thrilled they moved it to Vegas. Reno was getting tired and unable to change with the times.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Exhibitors # 10,000 and 10,001 also known as Tweedledum and Tweedledo

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I miss Reno, it was only a 400 mile or so drive from here in Nampa. Seven hours and a fuel stop in the old Jag convertible, and usually warm enough by time I got thru SLC to try running with the top down.

I just got off the phone with my PH a few minutes ago, and got an Eland/Leopard hunt booked for September of 2015. I have two bare spots on my trophy room North wall about four feet square that need filling.

See you all at SCI in about eight weeks...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did Vegas last year and really liked the cheaper air fares and more entertainment options of Vegas. I'm going to go this year. Thanks for comments.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
10generation,

I've not heard any of the people I work with talk about skipping the shows. I think as always all the major players will be there.

I agree with you on Vegas. It doesn't have the friendly feel of Reno where SCI was the was a big fish but Vegas just has much better everything else.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
For me, Vegas is a no brainer. Just a short drive from Southern CA, great entertainment, and food.

The most difficult decision is where to stay this time, Vdara, Wynn/Encore or Aria. Wink

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tanks,

good, you can bring the T-shirts with you.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote