Find
Notify
Tools

Klawerberg Game Ranch in Namibia??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Looking a booking a trip with Jan Visser with Klawerberg Game Ranch in Namibia for the second week in May 2007. It will be a joint hunt for my wife and I for plains game.

Any Experience with this PH? and Ranch?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been there, and would happily to back again.

Jan Visser is a real gentleman.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of uplander
posted Hide Post
I've been to Klawerberg twice, and would also happily go back. A friend of mine is going back for a third time this year. Repeat business like that has to tell you something. Book it!

Posts: 53 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back last summer with my dad and a friend to hunted there a second time. The gentleman that took him has been there 3 or 4 times. I have some of my pics on photobucket, PM me with your email and I'll shoot you the link and password. I'd hunt with him again, you should definitely go hunt a mountain zebra while there. It's in a different area, and well worth the drive. We hunted at a ranch with a gentleman named Devan. It added a great deal to the experience. My dad turned 61 the day we got back to the states and we couldn't have picked a better first time to Africa hunt. Got word from the taxidermist they will be starting on our animals soon. If it weren't for wanting to hunt buff, we'd be back in '07 or '08 at the latest. There are other places in Namibia to go and others will can recommend them. In our case, we got more than we paid for, in more ways than one. Also, if you want to mess with the old man(Jan), learn some Afrikaans and wait a couple of days before you say anything Wink. France', Johanes, and Fredrick are great trackers, they are really professionals at what they do. The ridgebacks were a great addition to the company too. If you see him at he show, tell him Chuck Jr. said hello.

Posts: 107 | Location: Canyon Lake, Texas | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Book it!

Actually my wife and I did book it Sunday afternoon at the Houston Show. While we were talking had several people walk up and give a thumbs up. Since several of them were also vendors I wanted an unbiased opinion. LOL

We loved talking to Jan. He seemed so much more down to earth and really interested in making your trip enjoyable.

Thanks guys for verifying my first impression. We are looking forward to it.

Kurick1 you have an PM

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote