THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cabora Bossa what bushbuck would they have?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabora Bossa what bushbuck would they have?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
https://www.discountafricanhun...s-in-mozambique.html

I don't know anything about this guy, he has low intro prices, and then you pay through the nose for additional animals.

As long as you stay on the package his hunts are pretty reasonable.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
His name is John Martins and besides being a salesman, he's not a bad guy. Met him in South Africa and had a while to talk to him. If you want to know the outfitter for any given hunt, just ask he will tell you. I have a friend whom has booked through him twice and been happy with both hunts.

Posts: 794 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
They are Chobe bush bucks there.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted out of that camp with a different PH a couple of years ago. I had a great time and took a 14' + crock. The camp was remote but comfortable. We saw crock and hippo while sitting at the fire pit every morning and evening. We caught some tiger fish up to 5kg even though it was not the best time of the year for tigers. As I noted it is remote and a huge concession that I would be happy to return to.

Cruising the shores for crocks you are protected from the wind. However, the lake is quite large and can be rough when crossing wiwere stable so the roughness slows you down but is not an issue except for getting a bit wet. I would suggest taking a good rain suit with a hood.

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted at the north end of the lake in 2012, accessing camp down the Zambezi from Luangua Landing where Zim, Zambia and Mosi join... with Carel Maartens. Simply spectacular hunt taking 2 crocs...largest 14'8" with tail bloody where it had been bitten off in a breeding battle, maybe a foot missing??...great Hippo and Gold medal Bushbuck, yes Chobe.
Russell Lovemore now owns concession.
Tiger fishing OUTSTANDING!!
I will hunt there again!!

FYI Mosi is up and down on doing CITIES counts, so your trophies may get delayed...??

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking for options for a Covid free future, trying to think of things that are great adventures.

This caught my eye.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabassa Safaris has a Croc hunt in this general area on the DSC auction, I have spoken with Hardus several time's at the show and he seems to be a pretty good guy. Mashambanzou Safaris' also hunts in this area, and as stated in previous post Russel Lovemore has a great camp also.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Glaeser Comaraderie, Echo Safaris also has a great camp there with great Buffalo... and the huge Crocs and big Hippo!!
I will hunt that area again, but having a hard time deciding...leaning toward ECHO??

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
ECHO was a disaster in my opinion when a bunch of us hunted with them. Glaeser slept more in the truck than he hunted. We got hammered for trophy export and things were very disorganized. Just my opinion but beware.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Thank you Tim for an honest heads up!!
His photo promotions are really great and remind me of the great hunt with Carel Maartens near same area... a real paradise for Croc n Hippo!!

It is clear, WE HAVE EACH OTHERS BACKS HERE!! NOT MANY PLACES WE CAN SAVOR THAT OPENLY!!

AR IS THE REAL HUNTERS PARADISE!!

THANK YOU SAEED!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
John sells some ultra-low priced hunts in Zim advertised as being in "the Save" (no details given.)
When you ask for ranch names he balks. I have been told my more than one legit Zim PH the areas are sketchy with squatter problems, PH issues, safari co improprieties.....

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ECHO was a disaster in my opinion when a bunch of us hunted with them. Glaeser slept more in the truck than he hunted. We got hammered for trophy export and things were very disorganized. Just my opinion but beware.
Big Grin

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote