Find
Notify
Tools

Is SAB Anti Gun?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
I have heard conflicting reports as to whether South African Breweries is or isn't anti gun.... Does anyone know for sure?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
So do I. A posting on this forum about it some time ago prompted me to contact the SAB Public Relations Section. They were very dodgey about replying to a straightforward question of: Did SAB in the past donate money to "Gun Free South Africa". So I class them as definetly "anti-firearm"

In good hunting while I'm enjoying my Windhoek beer - no more SAB beers will pass my lips!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well since I like Castle and have found no other beers whilst on safari that I liked I guess it will just be the hard stuff from now on. I can live with that! cheers

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
One thing that hangs companies up is their matching funds programs.

Where I work, we have lots of organizations for which our company will match employee donations to. If that list includes anti-gun groups, you can get significant corporate donations going to such groups that causes them real discomfort later...

Dan