New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go SCI!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
delloro - Thank you for making this clear. Some here don't realize that they "don't know EVERYTHING" but try to project that they do anyway. popcorn .

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by delloro:
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
what it boils down to is you either support the first amendment or you think people that disagree with you should STFU. But you cannot have it both ways and as you stated the latter.....

the 1st amendment applies against the government, not private actors (generally). it does not apply to private forums. it is widely misunderstood.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
"Freedom of speech is protected by the 1st Amendment of the United States

More to the point here, the forum owner has made it quite clear on many occasions that members do have the right of free speech so to say: "My thought, if you can't contribute in a positive way, put a sock in your mouth and stay the hell away!! Hope that's plain enough???" is (to me at least) simply ridiculous.

Again, putting that aside for a moment and trying to get back on the subject:

I can't help but feel that a simple frontal assault on the ban has no hope of succeeding on it's own. Whilst I doubt anything will reverse the ban, to me the pressure group(s) need to be looking for a way to apply pressure to the Zim & Tz Govts to actually do something about what F&WS are unhappy about........ and as I've said, there is a grain of truth in the F&WS complaints.

Does anyone know if SCI or anyone else for that matter has even approached those Govts?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think we all barking up the wrong tree.

Both the Zimbabwe and Tanzania governments are well aware of the uncontrolled poaching in their countries - without a doubt, supported by people higher up in authority.

And they have done absolutely nothing to stem it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68678 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I think we all barking up the wrong tree.

Both the Zimbabwe and Tanzania governments are well aware of the uncontrolled poaching in their countries - without a doubt, supported by people higher up in authority.

And they have done absolutely nothing to stem it.

That's my point exactly. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 'grain of truth' is all Obama needs.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Obama is an utter prick but I don't think the blame can be laid at his door or at least not completely.

USF&WS have been a bunch of anti hunting bastards for as long as I can remember and their track record of that goes back at least to the Moz ban that was introduced in the late 80s or early 90s and probably goes back considerably further.

This ban is just the latest of many examples of that. However, be that as it may, if the Zim & Tz Govts/Game Depts had been doing their jobs then this ban wouldn't have happened and I reckon it's there where pressure needs to be applied and change needs to happen and I'm sure that USF&WS would argue that's exactly what they're doing by introducing the ban.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To chime in and second Saeed and Shakari, we can sing as dance as much as we like but African Governments hold far more sway. Though this should not stop all efforts. At the end of the day it all seems to revolve around Politics whether USA or Africa!
If there was a way to the bring to our African Governments to see wildlife as a real resource/asset that has a tangible value then have them make the decision and genuinely commit to conserve it. Sadly wildlife is not regarded as such and receives passing interest at best. Sadder still is the shear ignorance in the civil service and Public as to the importance of wildlife as a resource. It's seen as an "aesthetic" commodity and not as "livestock" therefore its of no value and is not protected.

In Zambia for instance, even rural people (the few that get it) don't understand how wildlife is so costly yet when someone is caught poaching they receive a minimal fine/slap on the wrist, the fine paid in the Capital and not to the affected community or area. Whereas livestock theft attracts a hefty sentence of five years... even thou livestock fetches a fraction of the price..
It seems like a momentous task as Politicians have to first see the light and from there things will filter down without which the trend will be very hard to stem. OR if rural communities had the political clout they could force their politicians to change..
Welcome to Political conservation Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I know that proactive action is something you are not that familiar with, preferring to be a thumb twiddler, but do not mistake deliberate action for panic. You have made your position clear, you prefer to do nothing (I count simply throwing stones as nothing maybe even worse). That's fine, just do not get in the way of others that prefer another approach. As George Bernard Shaw said, those that say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Yea, Mike has it right.

Panic leads to inaction and not a deliberate course of action.

What SCI is doing now may or may not work, but at least they are doing something, and it is a pretty aggressive course of action. I think you can rest assured they are looking for help from outside lobbiest too (since theirs really did get blindsided, as I am sure was the intention of the f--ktard's administration.)

I especially agree with Mike's citation of Shaw's comment.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Freedom of speech is protected by the 1st Amendment of the United States

More to the point here, the forum owner has made it quite clear on many occasions that members do have the right of free speech so to say: "My thought, if you can't contribute in a positive way, put a sock in your mouth and stay the hell away!! Hope that's plain enough???" is (to me at least) simply ridiculous.

Again, putting that aside for a moment and trying to get back on the subject:

I can't help but feel that a simple frontal assault on the ban has no hope of succeeding on it's own. Whilst I doubt anything will reverse the ban, to me the pressure group(s) need to be looking for a way to apply pressure to the Zim & Tz Govts to actually do something about what F&WS are unhappy about........ and as I've said, there is a grain of truth in the F&WS complaints.

Does anyone know if SCI or anyone else for that matter has even approached those Govts?

I am, among other things, a card carrying member of the District of Columbia Bar (the Washington, DC lawyer's licensing body and professional association,) and I can tell you that your Wikipedia citation is far from accurate or complete. Delloro, in one sentence, gave a more complete and accurate description of what the 1st Amendment entails. The most significant take away for you is that the 1st Amendment has essentially nothing to do with communication between private citizens, including verbal and written communication, whether in a private forum or in public.

{EDIT: I meant to add, but was interrupted by a phone call, that the 1st Amendment is to the US Constitution, only, and applies to the US or US states' regarding US Citizens worldwide or non citizens within the US, only.]

Regarding the rest of your post, perhaps SCI's frontal attack will not work, perhaps it will, perhaps in total or perhaps piecemeal, but at least it is a beginning. The war must be engaged on a variety of fronts, not just one. Other fronts might include, for example, assisting Zimbabwe in an aerial count this coming late winter, lobbying Congress and other actions.

Throwing your arms up, ranting and raving, repeatedly predicting doom, do nothing at all.

Follow George Bernard Shaw's advice.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys all I know is we as hunters shooters what ever you want to call us should unite, the antis and greenies are!! and they hate our way of live. I did A 100% legal Rhino hunt with A US client last year and I get daily death threads and phone calls and text messages from all across the world accusing me of being everything from A poacher to being molested as A child and everything in between, it is horrible.

My wife gets these calls as well they even threaten my children! It is so bad I at one stage had to shut down my website I am in the process of changing my business email that I had for 12 years! Bottom line the are united against us we need to stop all this fighting between us!! and put our energy towards the greenies, trust me were are loosing the battle and the war!!, just my 2 cents worth I need to get back to my fan club on the internet and delete a couple more insane emails.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:

Throwing your arms up, ranting and raving, repeatedly predicting doom, do nothing at all.

JPK

I'm not aware of anyone having done that.... but my point is that I can't see a simple frontal assault achieving anything at all.

As I see it, even if the courts order USF&WS to reverse the ban they'll ignore the court order just as they've ignored a number of court orders won by John Jackson/Conservation Force on the Mozambican elephant product ban.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I'll bet I'm not.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What is really needed is an action towards the TZ & Zim governments to stop the things that USF&W are worried about.

While I do want to rein USF&W back in a bit...they do have some cause for concern in this instance...esp in TZ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
What is really needed is an action towards the TZ & Zim governments to stop the things that USF&W are worried about.

While I do want to rein USF&W back in a bit...they do have some cause for concern in this instance...esp in TZ.

No, what is needed is every conceivable legal action that may assist us in our goal. That would include lobbying the TZ and Zim, govt's, helping Zim with a count or funding for a count, and lobbying, fund raising for candidates supportive of our cause and litigation.

ALL of them, not one single effort.

A broad front, NRA style.

JPK

Free 500grains

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, what is needed is every conceivable legal action that may assist us in our goal. That would include lobbying the TZ and Zim, govt's, helping Zim with a count or funding for a count, and lobbying, fund raising for candidates supportive of our cause and litigation.

JPK

I'll agree with that but I'd (at least) suspect some of those in Govt are almost certainly the same guys who are involved in the poaching & therefore will be unwilling to take decisive action.

Even if that isn't the case, then I doubt the relevant personnel of those countries are willing or able to conduct the policing operations....... The last time Tz tried it was a couple of years ago & I'm told it was such a fiasco the operation was halted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

JPK

I'll agree with that but I'd (at least) suspect some of those in Govt are almost certainly the same guys who are involved in the poaching & therefore will be unwilling to take decisive action.

Even if that isn't the case, then I doubt the relevant personnel of those countries are willing or able to conduct the policing operations....... The last time Tz tried it was a couple of years ago & I'm told it was such a fiasco the operation was halted.

You can always count on those suspect individuals, they are predictable, they will feather their beds.

Where there is a will, and a wallet, there is a way. Or, in other words, money talks and bullshit walks.

JPK

Free 500grains

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

First off to all the ar members and sci members i fully support you, am glad you are fighting the political fight and wish you (and us) best of luck in your efforts.

We need to get science and economic benefits of hunting behind us. Our opponents are not a bunch off wacko hippies, they have a long view, real dollars and a strategy.

Last week i was having lunch and drinks with a friend at a bar in arlington. I showed him my lion hunting pictures on my phone and we were discussing hunting africa. A few other people at bar counter who were eating lunch joined in. I got intellectually lynched. These were not a bunch of idiots. They all had their phones out searching the internet for facts/data points. I had very few to rebut them with. These people were not some agenda political hacks but rational policy analysts - most working at pentagon.

Hopefully sci and dsc (of which i am a member) spends a few dollars getting some facts data on african hunting put together or else we lose this fight.

Just my worthless 2 cents.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can always count on those suspect individuals, they are predictable, they will feather their beds.

Where there is a will, and a wallet, there is a way. Or, in other words, money talks and bullshit walks.

JPK

I hope you're right but it ain't ain't gonna be easy or fast....... That Moz ban has been in place for something like 30 years and still no real sign of it being reversed!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

JPK

I hope you're right but it ain't ain't gonna be easy or fast....... That Moz ban has been in place for something like 30 years and still no real sign of it being reversed!

There were good and usually safer alternatives for those 30yrs. As a result, there was not a lot of effort and "no" money spent on the issue. Now, with all but no alternative, effort and money will, hopefully, be forthcoming.

JPK

Free 500grains

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:

There were good and usually safer alternatives for those 30yrs. As a result, there was not a lot of effort and "no" money spent on the issue. Now, with all but no alternative, effort and money will, hopefully, be forthcoming.

JPK

john Jackson has fought them tooth and nail for years and still hasn't got anywhere........ I just hope this case will be different but as I said, I have my doubts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

JPK

john Jackson has fought them tooth and nail for years and still hasn't got anywhere........ I just hope this case will be different but as I said, I have my doubts.

Without the resources, read CASH, no one could make a difference. Especially without some help from within the country, which, as mentioned earlier, can be made available, also through cash.

The question is, "Will US (and other) hunters put up the cash?" If the answer is yes than the ban will be overturned, if the answer is no then it will not.

JPK

Free 500grains

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:

Without the resources, read CASH, no one could make a difference. Especially without some help from within the country, which, as mentioned earlier, can be made available, also through cash.

The question is, "Will US (and other) hunters put up the cash?" If the answer is yes than the ban will be overturned, if the answer is no then it will not.

JPK

I have no idea what kind of finances JJ & CF have had to fight the Moz ban & can only assume he had a decent budget to spend on it if only because he's fought the good fight for umpteen years but despite that & despite winning many court orders on the case, the ban is still in place & F&WS have repeatedly refused to comply....... but I suspect no matter how much money & effort is thrown at this new ban, it won't be reversed quickly & I further suspect not for years at least....... & unless the Zim & Tz Govts do something, I don't think it'll ever be reversed.

Hope I'm wrong though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just skimmed the latest posts in this string and someone finally pointed out the main fact that the problem arose in Africa and as usual no one there has done diddly shit about it. By the way what has CIC done about the problem? Talk about an aloof and elite group they are one good example.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

JPK

While I am not in disagreement at all...I'll just say this: If the Zim & TZ governments had done a better job of police action and management to begin with...there would not be a problem now. I am all for fighting on all fronts...but in the end...I would like to know that we actually fixed the real problem which is uncontrolled poaching at a large scale commercial level in TZ.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

JPK

While I am not in disagreement at all...I'll just say this: If the Zim & TZ governments had done a better job of police action and management to begin with...there would not be a problem now. I am all for fighting on all fronts...but in the end...I would like to know that we actually fixed the real problem which is uncontrolled poaching at a large scale commercial level in TZ.

No doubt.

You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

I'll settle for the first bite being reversing the ban.

JPK

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

JPK

I have no idea what kind of finances JJ & CF have had to fight the Moz ban & can only assume he had a decent budget to spend on it if only because he's fought the good fight for umpteen years but despite that & despite winning many court orders on the case, the ban is still in place & F&WS have repeatedly refused to comply....... but I suspect no matter how much money & effort is thrown at this new ban, it won't be reversed quickly & I further suspect not for years at least....... & unless the Zim & Tz Govts do something, I don't think it'll ever be reversed.

Hope I'm wrong though.

No, they have squat for resources.

Think NRA ballpark resources. ~5,000,000 members @ $35/ea/yr = $175,000,000/yr. Most of that goes to it's primary mission, which is Second Amendment litigation, lobbying and legislation and enforcement through litigation (different from litigation seeking to define and expand some states' definition of their Second Amendment restraints - recall all states have constitutions, but the state constitutions can be no more restrictive than the US Constitution, which has been the primary battleground for the NRA of late.)

The NRA has made great progress in and has almost won the Second Amendment battle.

One key aspect of the NRA's success is that they made it clear to many gun owners that even if they dodn't like hand guns or AR 15's that they needed to support the NRA's efforts to fight control/confiscation, etc regarding those weapons or their favorites weren't going to be far behind.

Somebody, the SCI or some other bonifide organization needs to get a similar message out to the world's hunters. Maybe elephants or lion are not on their agendas, but if they don't draw a line in the sand their favorites won't be far behind.

JPK

Free 500grains

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

JPK

No doubt.

You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

I'll settle for the first bite being reversing the ban.

JPK

tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The NRA has made great progress in and has almost won the Second Amendment battle.

Because unlike SCI, the NRA has never lost its direction!

SCI has gone off on a tangent many years ago.

SCI's top aim has been to glorify each other.

Anything of benefit to us hunters takes a back seat that.

I can just imagine all the good an organizations such as SCI could do if they set their minds to it.

Sadly, I am not going to holt my breath!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68678 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
One key aspect of the NRA's success is that they made it clear to many gun owners that even if they dodn't like hand guns or AR 15's that they needed to support the NRA's efforts to fight control/confiscation, etc regarding those weapons or their favorites weren't going to be far behind.

Somebody, the SCI or some other bonifide organization needs to get a similar message out to the world's hunters. Maybe elephants or lion are not on their agendas, but if they don't draw a line in the sand their favorites won't be far behind.

JPK

Absolutely!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I can just imagine all the good an organizations such as SCI could do if they set their minds to it.

Having tried to work with SCI on the lion uplist...there is a lot of truth in what Saeed says.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not true. The effective NRA we know today was in disarray not so long ago, and there was a coup of sorts resulting in significant change, and a refocus on aggressive Second Amendment action. The results you see are the intense litigation campaign and the intense lobbying, which have lead to the relatively new recognition of an individual's right to own and bear arms as settled Constitutional law and to even f--ktards like Obama being cautious when it comes to new anti gun legislation or executive action.

Maybe this USF&W issue will embolden SCI, refocusing it? Maybe SCI needs a coup? Who knows? But for right now they are the ONLY game in town.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

JPK

Free 500grains

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks thought it may be more. Maybe for DG hunts?

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Does Anyone know the percentage US sport hunting makes in the total African hunting market? 80%?

Just a guess
I read somewhere that it is a little over 50% across all of Africa (in total).

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks thought it may be more. Maybe for DG hunts?

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Does Anyone know the percentage US sport hunting makes in the total African hunting market? 80%?

Just a guess
I read somewhere that it is a little over 50% across all of Africa (in total).
Maybe - US sure is the single largest market but when you take into account all those other countries that go on safari - it adds up to a LOT.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit, has anyone ever listened to the many tirades against the NRA and how it has lost it way and it is just a shill for the gun industry. Don't see much difference between the NRA and SCI. They are both doing a good job for us. Of course I am talking about American hunters and gun owners because I just don't give a BIG rats ass about the rest of the worlds hunters and gun owners - how about that!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
They are both doing a good job for us. Of course I am talking about American hunters and gun owners because I just don't give a BIG rats ass about the rest of the worlds hunters and gun owners - how about that!
Really??

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh - my uptake is slow some days... tu2

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

...The last of which all the hoopla they made about collecting a million dollars for lions.

We never heard WHERE that money has gone.

If SCI wants us hunters to support them, be up front with what good you are doing...

Please see:
SCI Foundation

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
quote:

...The last of which all the hoopla they made about collecting a million dollars for lions.

We never heard WHERE that money has gone.

If SCI wants us hunters to support them, be up front with what good you are doing...

Please see:
SCI Foundation

I usually stay out of the SCI cheer leading or bashing. I have emotions both ways.

however, the boxing match has begun and I am going to root for the one that best represents me and let the rest of the political BS fall off for the time being. SCI is on the front line and fighting for us, hopefully they stay there. Certainly SCI is our best chance for success at this time
If someone has a better 'immediate' option please feel free to share
In the meanwhile "GO SCI"

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Safari Club International Files Motion For Preliminary Injunction Against Elephant Importation Bans

For Immediate Release: May 1, 2014

Washington, DC - Yesterday, April 30, 2014, Safari Club International’s (SCI) litigation team took the second step in its challenge to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s (FWS) bans on the importation of sport-hunted elephants from Zimbabwe and Tanzania. SCI filed a motion for a preliminary injunction, asking the court to immediately lift the importation bans. SCI’s motion explained that emergency relief is necessary to prevent harm to those who have elephant hunts planned for 2014 and to the elephants whose conservation has been placed at risk by the FWS’s actions.

In the preliminary injunction documents, SCI argued that (1) elephant conservation, including anti-poaching efforts, will suffer under the bans; (2) hunters and safari operators, are irreparably harmed by the loss to the value of hunts and the loss of business; and (3) decreased numbers of U.S. hunters means that the hunting operations will have less money to invest in community projects and habitat improvement. Together with the motion, SCI submitted a record number of over 40 declarations from hunters, outfitters, and booking agents to show the court the damage the suspension of importation has already caused and will continue to cause. The statements from these members demonstrate the stories of the more than 130 members that wrote to SCI’s attorneys to explain just how important this issue is to the entire organization.

SCI requested that the Court schedule a hearing on its motion as soon as possible. The federal government has already informed SCI’s attorneys that they will oppose the preliminary injunction request. The government now has seven days to respond to SCI’s motion.

SCI filed its Complaint in this lawsuit on April 21st. We have and will continue to make every effort to obtain an expeditious reversal of this blow to hunting and to African elephant conservation.

Did I miss something? Guess I have a computer cookie problem? I was looking for the "GO SCI" thread and somehow ended up here?

"I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque."-BB

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote