Find
Notify
Tools

Cool Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.facebook.com/scanm...eos/831472020282663/

Takes some serious balls to let a elephant rub you will his tusk.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The trouble with Landrover is that they are a bitch to get into reverse.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9977 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the probability was of disaster? And how on earth to estimate it?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
The trouble with Landrover is that they are a bitch to get into reverse.

Andrew , the trouble with Land Rover is that it's a Land rover.... jumping

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
I wonder what the probability was of disaster? And how on earth to estimate it?

We went to Zim in the mid 90's. I took the wife. There was a photographic area that they took her into daily. She was feeding a young bull elephant some peppermints. One day I went with her. I took serious exception to her doing this . Of course, in her mind, I was being a problem. The next week, this same elephant killed someone.

I would never have done what this guy did.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Takes some serious balls to let a elephant rub you will his tusk.

Mike

Yes! When he started poking that tusk around I thought, oh boy...this could go bad quickly.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had to have been extreme but I'm purty sure I'd need clean underwear......

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Park elephants are different, particularly if they are not exposed to poaching and left undisturbed.

I have had a similar experience in India around 2008 or so. I was at the late Mark Davidar's Jungle trails / Chital Walk adjoining Mudumalai tiger sanctuary. It is a very basic tin roof house & animals come to the stream to drink & in dry season they drink from Mark's water tank. All kinds of animals including tigers and leopards ahve been sighted from the verandah on a regular basis (I did not have that kind of luck).

]

But I did see a big tusker come around and feat the jack fruit that had been put out for him. He then walked right up to us at the house and sniffed us at about 1 or 2 meters looking for more jack fruit!

Mark used to talk to the animals and asked to to go and come next day! 7 different tuskers used to visit Mark's place and he named them after the Brazilian soccer team1 This one was called Roberto Carlos!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11243 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote