THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Elle Macpherson slammed over illegal rhino remedy

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elle Macpherson slammed over illegal rhino remedy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailytelegraph.com....frewyr-1225888611525

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Wow...she gives the phrase "stupid b!@tch" a whole new meaning!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the picture.... what was the article about??? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WTF! These libs are so F..ed up. They are mental...all of them!

Interview As per Times Online:

Witter: You’re said to be a great fan of Chinese medicine. What does powdered rhino horn taste like?
E MacP: A little bit like crushed bone and fungus in a capsule. Does the job though.

Witter: How do you know that it works? A lot of people say Chinese medicine is quackery.
E MacP: Put it this way, works for me.

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
its ok for me,but not for you.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd still like to spend a loooong weekend educating her about sustainable harvest of animal products.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I'd still like to spend a loooong weekend educating her about sustainable harvest of animal products.

Rich
DRSS

Not me...I don't do dumb. In this case...dumb as a box of rocks!!!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
I know something else that is good for her skin, and it is a renewable resource. tu2

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
I know something else that is good for her skin, and it is a renewable resource. tu2
and,she can doesnt even have to mix with water if she doesnt want to.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
she is proof that beauty is only skin deep but stupid is all the way to the bone dancing

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
yuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why so many people actually thing that because a person acts in movies or is a beautiful model he or she must have a huge intellect. In most cases, these folks are rich beyond belief and common sense stupid. So it is with Elle.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd just like to be around when...."it works for her". dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Rich
DRSS

Elle may be many things, but I can assure you that "dumb" is not one of them. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ledvm,

I'm not looking for great conversation with Elle. I am a good enough person to still empathize with her if she can't explain Hawking's "String Theory" in ten minutes. I just want to try and make babies with her. It's that S-E-X thing!!

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
she is proof that beauty is only skin deep but stupid is all the way to the bone dancing

It might be the shortest way to the bone that she's talking about.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frederick:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Rich
DRSS

Elle may be many things, but I can assure you that "dumb" is not one of them. Wink

Well then...I guess I'll have to go back to stupid bitch then! Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
ledvm,

I'm not looking for great conversation with Elle. I am a good enough person to still empathize with her if she can't explain Hawking's "String Theory" in ten minutes. I just want to try and make babies with her. It's that S-E-X thing!!

Rich
DRSS

coffee

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,
she's to stupid to be dumb or is it to dumb to be stupid?? bewildered BITCH goes without saying animal

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Daughter of an Australian millionaire, she could be dumb as a bag of hammers and still be successful. She has a very popular Australian undergarment business which includes a unique nursing bra.

Her statement about her use of Rhino horn powder demonstrates an incredible naivete.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK so someone with a Scientific/Medical background enlighten me, What can Rhino Horn, and Black Bear Gall Bladders for that matter, Possibly do for a Human????

And IF something in them IS good for you... then why can't it be done sythentically???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Rhino horn is made of keratin, same stuff that makes up hair and fingernails. Maybe I should just go into business selling ground up fingernails as beauty products.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Elle McPherson's statements (and habits, for that matter) is sick. This is exactly the type of thing that's blowing the flames of rhino poaching in Africa higher and higher. I fail to see the difference between an ex-supermodel and a crooked Chinese - if they use rhino horn they are all one and the same enemy as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps someone should send her a picture of the bloated and rotting carcasses of a rhino mother and her calf full of AK-47 bullet holes and with their horns hacked off and ask her if "it does it for her".

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Why do they have to grind the horn up into powder, they just have to strap it on?? Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
OK so someone with a Scientific/Medical background enlighten me, What can Rhino Horn, and Black Bear Gall Bladders for that matter, Possibly do for a Human????

And IF something in them IS good for you... then why can't it be done sythentically???

Add un-needed content to your excrement. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I shouldn't be but I'm still shocked by the level of hypocrisy from some people.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote