THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Home-made Bullets for .500 Jeffery

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Home-made Bullets for .500 Jeffery
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Erik

If I get the time then I will shoot them on Friday.
I might also make a solid based on the Speer African grand slam. or the GS FN or something in-between.
The place where we make them is called "The LAB" I will post some pictures of the place when we go there next time.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Very interesting, I look forward to your report of how they shoot! How do you (and others doing this in small scale) handle the hardness of the metal? Can you buy copper in the right hardness and turn it without any ill effets? Or do you make them softer by heating them after they are turned?

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin

I can get any hardness I want aslong as it exists the CNC machine can work in every material. It is a very big machine Professional. They make trigger mechanism for missile and other fine parts. Look at the finish of the bullets and compare it to the impala bullet. The cutting tool is real sharp and hard.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Martin

I can get any hardness I want aslong as it exists the CNC machine can work in every material.

So I understand! What I wonder is if you buy copper of the desiered hardness or manipulate it yourselfs?

Regards,
Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin

I just tell my friends brother, the owner of the LAB, what I want and then he picks the material. I will then test it and give him the feed-back and we will take it from there.
I think there will be many generations before we get it right.
I will just have to shoot alot

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

Do we see a new entrepreneur making "super bullets" in Denmark?

Best wishes with your very interesting experiment.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mehulkamdar

The bullets are just for me
But if any one are interested in trying them.
I would be more then happy to ship some around.
Thank you for showing interest in the R&D.

Cheers,

Andr�