Notify
Tools

Don't get screwed over!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
Folks,

For those of you who are buying or thinking of buying my book 'How To Become A Professional Hunter In Africa' please be warned that you can buy the hardcover here at the normal price.

Whatever you do, don't buy the hardcover version from Amazon.co.uk where Bowi Media are advertising it for the greatly inflated price of almost UKP150!

Amazon themselves are authorised to sell the Kindle version for the normal price but are not authorised to sell the hardcover or ebook versions & Bowi Media are not authorised to sell ANY version.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
It would not be so bad if you got a fair chunk of the 150 quid. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Whatever you do, don't buy the hardcover version from Amazon.co.uk
Thanks for the heads-up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my copy last year and it is a great book. A lot of good information.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a lawyer bud! Go for "lost revenue" now and projected because of their actions. Then go after penalty money. You worked hard and long on that book. Do not let the wankers steal from you and your family. Knowing you action is already pending but I hate this type of thing. If it isn't copyright infringement it is something like this. A thief is a thief no matter what.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I wish I could sue them but am told what they're doing isn't illegal & there's nothing I can do to stop it.

The story from the publishers is that this company is advertising my book at that price and when they get buyers, they buy from my publisher, online or from a store and then sell on at a massive profit so I still get my money and they make the additional profit.

Capitalism at it's finest! Wink