THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Advantage of the 375/404.....vs.375H&H

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advantage of the 375/404.....vs.375H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey gazors,
i just repeated to safari hunt thread about the 375H&H vs. the 404Jeffrey.....and i thought [Roll Eyes] a .375/404 would be a fine solution if someone favourites the 375 and the 404.
But where is the advantage of the 375/404 [Confused]
Okay you have a big spread of bullets for the 375 diameter, and the case of the 404Jeffrey works -maybe- better concerning the repeating the brasses into the chamber.
But both, the 375 and the 375/404 are on the same level of power,or?
Maybe u can load the 375/404 to a higher level of Velocity...it maybe sensfull for a very flat trajecotry, but on DG you need less velocity and heavy bullets.
Another question is, if it�s possible to say if the precission of the new chambered 375/404 is the same as the (original) ,375H&H ?
And are there any things to regard when using a "Normal" MAuser 98 Action?????
So maybe Saeed, you can tell me anything - good and bad- about the 375/404Jeffrey.
Have u used the .375H&h before ? Are there any differences (noticable) on the killing effect of the 375/404 compared to the .375H&H Magnum???

thanks a lot for your opinions...
cheers
konstantin

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
konst#1,

If we are talking about any advantage in the practical sense, there isn't any.

Apart from the higher velocity that one can get from the 375/404 - which can only be of an advantage for the longer shots - they are kissing cousins.

From the accuracy point of view, I cannot honestly see that one can be more accurate than the other either.

Having said all that. There is a great satisfaction - for me at least - when I use a rifle I have built myself, chambered for a cartridge I have designed myself, with ammo I have loaded myself.

Posts: 67139 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hi saeed,
thanks for ur reply,...
So, I wasn�t wrong with my thought [Wink]
But i understand what u say, own build, own caliber...so to say the "Proud Factor" [Big Grin]

HAve a lot of Fun with ur gun and the 375/404.

cheers
konstantin

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote