Find
Notify
Tools

Ivan Carter - Thank You
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted
I record Ivan's show without fail, new or a rerun and watch it with my 10 year old son weekly.

I saw Ivan and waited my turn to speak with him at SCI. I am just a normal guy, not a sponsor, TV guy, or special in anyway and he took the time to visit with me about ele hunting, my son, a future safari, etc.

In the end I got a personalized signed poster for my son and he thinks he is the man now as it is proudly displayed in his room.

Ivan thank you for taking the time to visit and especially for putting a great big smile on his face. Priceless!!

Justin

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Ivan is a stand up guy
tu2

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I attended a DSC monthly dinner about a year ago and Ivan was there. Probably 200-300 people. Ivan seemed to go out of his way to meet those that attended. It appeared some about wore him out but he was always smiling none the less.
Appears he likes what he is doing and that makes all the difference.
Having a brain seizure now but the gentleman that PH's for Chifuti. A thin fellow that I think specializes in Elephant hunting (Len Taylor??) that comes across as very reserved on "Tracks" is actually quite talkative and engaging in person.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan is a first class Gentleman and a text book Ambassador for hunters world wide.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eezrider, et. al,
I add my concurrence to what has been said about Ivan. He never seems to be too busy to talk to anyone, regardless of that person's status. Ivan's wife Ashleigh was a great help to my wife in finding a vendor at the SCI show. Len Taylor is indeed an engaging fellow, and once the ice is broken, quite talkative. Spend enough time with him and you will find that he is also a licensed helicopter pilot. There are several of the Chifuti pros who just plain don't like being on camera, or doing interviews. But being the professionals they are, they do it anyway, and acquit themselves very well. Another of the quiet ones is Mark Vallaro, whose acquaintance I made in Reno last week. From all accounts, he has a wicked sense of humor!
Cheers,
Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Len Taylor, in June of 2011. WOW what a PH, we hunted a bull elephant, and he knows what he is doing.

Posts: 133 | Location: Eskimo Point - CANADA | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Several years ago I imposed on Ivan to mule a large rechargeable flashlight I wanted to send to a ph in Harare. I ordered it and had it shipped to his home, and then he went out of his way to deliver it on his next trip. I didn't even know the guy had received it until last year, when I ran into the guy at SCI last year and he said he had received it just as I had asked Ivan to do. Yes. Class act.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Justin - FYI, Ivan isn't ignoring you, but he is on Safari in Tanzania at the moment. So, I'm sure he'll respond when he see's your thread!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Not expecting a response at all.

Aaron, it was very good to chat with you as well and I hope we can get together sometime for buff.

Been a hectic week but I am looking forward to watching your new DVD.

It was nice to meet Charyl in your booth as well. Great guy to hunt with; I can tell.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking about Len Taylor. I see him a lot on TAA and always wonedred what rifle he uses, I cant tell. Anyone know ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
clayman,
When I hunted with Len, he had a 458 lott, in Winchester. He told me hes had it for a while now, and wanted to buy another lott to replace his current gun.

Posts: 133 | Location: Eskimo Point - CANADA | Registered: 23 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with you joe. My wife and I do the same. We TiVo him every week and besides jim shockey we don't watch any other hunting shows. Well my wife wanted desperately to meet him and I wanted to talk to him about getting help for the nightmare safari we had in zim last year. Well 5 minutes after talking with him he had set me up with someone to get our leopards and croc back and he had talked me into giving Africa one last chance. He had to take a brief call while we talked with him. When he hung up he informed me it was Johan Calitz and that he had a cancelation trophy elephant hunt. He asked Johan if he could introduce us and possibly get our name on that elephant hunt. 10 minutes later we were booked to hunt the ng41 block in Botswana in September of this year. He's since kept in touch via email. I just don't know how to thank a man who has so much in his heart to give. He really is a class act. BTW, sorry I missed you at Jason bridgers booth. I would really liked to have met you.

Posts: 54 | Location: NM USA | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan is a heck of a nice guy.

Having spent some time in a camp with him, he's friendly and tells a good joke or two also. If anything he's better in camp than on the tube- and that's saying a lot!

Posts: 10989 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've spoken to Iavn on the phone on several occasions. He is a normal guy unaffected by his popularity and fame. You won't find a better guy in the industry IMHO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was at SCI this year wearing my AR hat. while in the Trijicon booth I heard a voice say "I just saw your hat and wanted to say hello, My name is Ivan Carter". We had a nice chat about double rifles. Ivan is a great ambassador for the industry and a genuinely nice guy.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clayman,
As of July, 2012, Len Taylor was shooting the Winchester in .458 Lott. And the condition of his rifle was obviously that of a "well-loved partner."
Cheers,
Tim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan is truly one of the nicest people in the hunting field, always ready to speak to fellow hunters...Ivan will be the speaker at the DSC monthly meeting on February 28th aand there are still seats available.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2900 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote