Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted
I got my CZ 550 375 H&H today. My local dealer was having a hard time finding one. I checked in Dallas the next week while on in business but the dealers were wanting about $50 to $100 more than I wanted to pay. I ended up buying one off gunbroker.com and having it tranfered to my local dealer. Not bad wood, good fit wood to metal, not too bad of a trigger. Sending it to my gunsmith to smooth trigger and install a Pachmayer Decellerator pad. I still have to buy set of Talley rings. I am putting a Leupold 1.75 X 6 scope on it. I have to order brass and bullets. I am going to try R15 and Hornady's 270 gr bullet for practice. I will have to decide on a hunting bullet later. Africa, here I come!!!!!

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rac,
i know where "Homah" is.... My wife's family is from doyline/sibley/minden.. I used to hunt, before the out of state licenses TRIPLED in one year, just outside evergreen,

Congrats on the rifle.. you whould really enjoy it..
jeffe

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe, my sister in law used to be the penitentary librarian in Homer! Glad she moved on from that job, but now handles law libraries. I'm not sure whether she's moved up or not. Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
<grin> Don't know about moving up, but I bet her customers are the same guys!!

jeffe

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done with the cz 550 great choice IMHO...I have a cz .375 and it already had a de-accelerator on it. I mounted a leupold 1-4 on it. CZ's are just great value period.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote