New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas or Reno?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be leaving for my first safari two weeks from today and would like to start planning the next. Which of the meetings would be the best choice for a newbie, Reno or Dallas. Thanks.

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth, from one who has been to both (well, actually Las Vegas), the Dallas show wins hands down..cheaper (that means I get to buy more "stuff"), certainly much more friendly, even the wife loves the show, you can actually get a seat in the lecture rooms, and you can spend some time really talking to people...I am far too timid to deal with the "Ray Bashing Party" in the evenings, but I do enjoy visiting with the "boys" during the day...and Dallas has good restaurants (for Sarge), combined with two wonderful art museums.....Just more fun, all the way around....Arthur

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sincwe you said planning your next safari, you'll find more variety at Reno, but Dallas will have more buddies and be more laid back.

If it's in the cards for you, consider going by the SCI booth and getting your life membership. It's the best $1000 You'll spend to get "serious" attention by those exhibiting. Also, go in the beginning, and save the later days for follow up meetings with those you're serious about.

Safe Hunting.

Clint

Safe Hunting,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHen is the Dallas event?

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just FYI: the Houston Safari Club convention is the following week after the Dallas convention.

Houston Safari Club
January 13 � 16, 2005 Worldwide Hunting Expo
http://www.houstonsafari.org/convention.asp

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote