Find
Notify
Tools

My new mauser !!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
It's a mauser obendorf carabine in 10,75x68 and it's in great condition !!

My 9,3x62 mauser and the new 10,75x68 Smiler

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It looks very nice. I am quite jealous.

How large are the image files you are uploading to Photobucket? If you start with larger images, preferably in jpeg format for better compression, you may be able to post larger size pictures here.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will try to post bigger pictures but next week I will be out with a brazilian client for pigs and deers so it will not be soon.
It's a real beauty, I think it's a model S.

It says WAEFENFABRIK MAUSER OBENDORF and has a U and a B with crowns on top. With the open sights is VERY accurate. thumb
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's nice. Set trigger and full-stocked too, man some dude is going to try trade you out of it.

Cool Cool thumb thumb

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
A beautiful pair of Mausers in a couple of fantastic calibers. You should be proud! Good hunting!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking guns !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I think they are both crap and you need to offload them as soon as possible.

While it would be hard I would be willing to help you out if you twist my arm.

Nice Mausers. thumb

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Lorenzo,

You better not shot them since it might not be safe Big Grin Honestly, you will be much better of with one of these modern push feed actions...I will send you two push feeds as trade Razzer Fantastic rifles, congratulations clap thumb

NitroX- Go away bawling These rifles are mine, only. If I remember right you fancy those Ikea rifles Big Grin BTW- how's your old uncle Hermann doing? Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers
/JOHAN

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, muy bien, mi amigo, those are incredible, original Mausers that one just doesn't find available in this country except for a king's ransom.

Congratulations!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13472 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, that's a very rare and beautiful rifle. I just sold this 10.75:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks my friends, I'm very happy. I need help with some numbers and letters it has. I took off the stock and in the bottom of the barrel says: BS10,75.42 OM (this M is turn side) then continues BU S

Does someone knows what this means?

The rifle number is 86644

Can you imagine going for a bush walk with such a fine companion? thumb

L

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Your rifle was made in 1923.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks fla,
Please tell me everything you know about this caliber !!! What you hunt with it? what bullet you will recomend me for waterbuff?

Velocities, trajectories, confidence in the caliber for african DG?

I'm completely sick with this rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At the beggining I bought with the idea of trade it, but despite my wife's terrified face and taking the risk she may think I'm a lunatic, I've been playing around with it inside my house (it's raining) and I fell in love with it!!!

I love it..I love it...I love it...
I'm sick ???? Eeker nut

L

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo

You have a perfect handy water buffalo rifle there. When I come and hunt buff one day with you, better still you come here and hunt with me and leave the rifle, it will will slay them dead.

A Woodleigh 400 gr Protected Point (or RNSP) at about 2100 fps. Not a lot of speed but effective.

What barrel length is it? It looks the same length as your 9.3mm.

Or a Woodleigh 350 gr to duplicate its original bullet weight.

It had a bad reputation in earlier days, therefore you need to get rid of it when you visit. But with Woodleigh's well constructed projectiles it will perform much better.

For reading on the 10.75x68:
- negatives - read Harry Manners "Kambaku" - he got rid of his for a .375. Plus I think Taylor canned it as well.
- positives - Harold Wolf in the "Aussie Edition" of "Hatari Times".

I love the 'Mannlicher" styled stock of your rifle. Might make a great saddle rifle too without a scope.

Should kill scrub bulls, pigs and deer pretty well too. Wink Would make a great sambar stalking rifle. What weight is it?

(Johan - ha ha, you very funny fellow. nut Big Grin)

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Who cares what Harry Manners said about it??
What he knows about hunting ????? Big Grin

It's very light but don't know exactly how much. I'm thinking in taking away and keep it in a safe place the original stock and make a new one just for hunting. What you think about that??

I'm so exited with the rifle that I will go for some liquor Cool it's 2 am here and wife is sleeping, I'm leaving tomorrow with a client for night pig hunting from blinds and nights have been very cold these days.. bawling
But better than working at the lab Big Grin

Definetely I need some more liqour... Big Grin

L

one of us
Picture of boha
posted Hide Post
That is one of the finest rifles you can find! And a great calibre; with proper bullets it cant be dismissed.
I would celebrate too!

Boha

Posts: 493 | Location: Finland | Registered: 18 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo

Good luck with your new rifle.

I own a 10,75x68 Suhl Mauser (also a 9,3x62Brno) and enjoy shooting the 10,75.Have taken Eland bull with open sights at 120 meters using 350 gr woodleigh.The bullet travelled through both shoulders and was lodged under the far shoulder skin.Velocity of this bullet was 2300vs.I am now loading 375 gr Ken Stewart bullets in soft and solid at 2250vs.Hope to hunt eland in August.
Enjoy
Jan

Posts: 51 | Location: RSA | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So you beat me this time!. Very nice gun pard, perhaps you can put it to good use Big Grin
Don´t freeze until September...

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Ricardo,
Dont worry, I will survive till september.
It will be nice to escape some days out of the city. I have decided, if temperature is more than 10 C° I will be there, less than that, I will send the capataz Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks Boha.

Jan,
Thanks for the info, any hunting experience with that caliber is welcome, how can I grab some of those Ken Stewart bullets? they must work great in waterbuff.

L

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo
Check your e-mail

Jan

Posts: 51 | Location: RSA | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote