THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Case Trim Pilot for the .404 Jeffery

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Trim Pilot for the .404 Jeffery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know a source?
I was condidering having one machines on a lathe but would prefer a true pilot.

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Carmelo,
I don't recall where I got mine, but I think it is an RCBS for .423 caliber.

Until I found a factory finished pilot, I did this: chuck a .430 caliber pilot for your .44 Mag into the Dremel Tool and then spin it at high speed against a fine grained, hard whetstone used for sharpening knives. It doesn't take much to take off .007". Do it in stages testing for fit of the pilot into the fired case mouth. Then polish with rouge and polishing spud if desired, and it will probably be better than the factory pilot.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
You didn't say which trimmer, but Forster makes one for theirs.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fred,
I use the Lyman universal

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote