THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    South Africa - Cheapest price on Game?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Africa - Cheapest price on Game?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted
The economy seems to be every one's problem around the world now a days.

South Africa are offering good and affordable hunting packages. Plains game and Dangerous game hunts have came down in price. Packages for 5, 7 and 10 days PLAINS GAME hunting has the best offers in years, with some hunts starting under the US 2500.

Hunting in South Africa would be excellent now; find the time, find the hunt that suits your budget and GO...

Question:
Will you ever get a better hunting opportunity or prices on hunting packages in the near future, than now?

Choices:
Yes, when the economy turns
I dont think so

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is never going to be a better time than now to go. Even if the economy turned over in the morning waiting is the worst thing to do.
I lost 5 years and the opportunity to take my dad to Africa waiting "till I could afford it". Now having been once and getting caught by the serious devaluation when I got back I am planning for next year and getting rid of whatever I can to do so. I don't plan to miss the chance to hunt with my son.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
Sooner or later the economy will turn for the better. When that will happen, however, will remain a mystery until after it happens -- could be six months from now, or it could be ten years from now. And, when it turns, the prices will start moving higher.

Some would argue that the odds are against the economy improving much in the short term and, accordingly, the best bargains are yet to come. That could be true, but I would argue that there are two factors, not just one, to consider in such a decision -- both price and the relative availability of high quality hunts.

Right now, the best outfitters and PH's have just come off a very long period of relative affluence -- times have been good, so the concessions are in top shape; equipment is in top shape; and, the best hunters in the world are on the job. As the recession drags on over time, these things will change -- they will simply have to change.

So, at the current time we have the happy confluence of unusually low prices (relative to the recent past) and the highest possible quality of hunting available. In the future, one or both of these factors will change -- prices will rise or quality will fall.

There hasn't been a better time to book an African hunt in a long time and this opportunity may not appear again in our lifetime. Strike now while the iron is hot!

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldHandgunHunter:

Right now, the best outfitters and PH's have just come off a very long period of relative affluence -- times have been good, so the concessions are in top shape; equipment is in top shape; and, the best hunters in the world are on the job. As the recession drags on over time, these things will change -- they will simply have to change.

So, at the current time we have the happy confluence of unusually low prices (relative to the recent past) and the highest possible quality of hunting available. In the future, one or both of these factors will change -- prices will rise or quality will fall.

Very good point, and none of us are getting any younger.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote