THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Antis spread false rumors, Uganda is NOT CLOSING

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antis spread false rumors, Uganda is NOT CLOSING
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Rumors that Uganda is closing hunting have been going around since the last months of 2014, but have increased in the last weeks.

This is NOT TRUE. Uganda is not closing hunting, not even considering it.

The rumors stem from a Facebook post made in October 2014 and widely redistributed among tour operators and animal acivists. This post was reprinting an article from National Geographic DATED FROM 2010 - when Uganda Wildlife Authority went through a storm that saw most of the top management thrown out of the window due to politics.

The smart "animal lovers" who celebrated that Facebook post and spewed the rumor did not bother to simply check the article, and its date...

Philip Chollet

Kampala, Uganda

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Can someone please give me some info & govt contact details about hunting in Uganda.

I have family there & I want to check options.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Naki,

Contact George Kyriakou at Mark Kyriakou Safaris. He's booked several Ugandan hunts for 2015 today.

I'm flying out in the mng, but let me know if you need an email address and I'll send it accross to you when I get back to the office. If you are at the show he's on 3510.

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote