Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I get new 458 Lott Brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted
Tried Midway, Midsouth, Huntington's, Brassman, Cabelas - any more suggestions?

I'm starting to panic Razzer

Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Check with Buffalo Arms call and ask them and also call Hornady also..When do you need it for, if you cannot find it...I still have some virgin brass close to a 100..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.hornady.com/shop/?page=shop/browse&category_id=ab19a89b95deb5d4b0e04e59bf07e3eb

I think 458 Lott cases are on back order or they were 2 weeks ago, but you can order the BELTED MAG CASE FAMILY #8798 and trim them down if you can't find any cases--I ordered these, but have yet to work on them, so I have no info good or bad regarding using them ---chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady does their runs on the oddball cartridges at the first of the year. The Lott brass should be available in a month or two.
I had the same problem with 376 Steyr brass two years ago. Give Hornady a call. They were nice to talk to, and told me when the run was going to occur.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I have 50 brand new unfired pieces of Hornady 458 Lott brass. I was thinking of punching out my Win 70 from 458 Win Mag but ended up selling it.

If you are interested let me know.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind ordering them from South Africa then Ken Stewart of Stewart Bullets has just made some. They're about R20/$3 each plus postage. I'd recommend you have them sent by courier rather than post as the postal service is so bad. If you need his contact details just send me an e-mail and I'll let you have them by return.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Some shows up on e-bay every now and then, I think it is comeing from someone @ Ruger's test range as it is once fired. (address shows up from Conn.)

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
shumba--if Jeff doesn't want the brass I'll take them--there seems to be shortage on ammo and brass at the moment--as much as I didn't want to I bought the last 3 boxes of A-Square 458 Lott ammo from Midway, so I could have something to shoot when I pick up my gun on Monday--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

If Jeff does not want them, consider them yours. I will give him a little more time to respond.

Also, Christer is visiting from Sweden right now. He is staying with N'gagi down here. We are probably going to get together and do some shooting (I just got a 50 BMG). I think Christer and his friend are heading up to San Francisco on Monday and then on to the SCI show in Reno. If you think coordinating a meeting with Christer in SF is possible, I can give him the brass to give to you. If it is too complicated, I can just mail it.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huntington Die Specialties has them.

DC300

DC300

Posts: 334 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
shumba- if Jeff doesn't take them and Christer doesn't mind freighting them up here that'd be great, but sending them will also work---

I do plan to meet up with Christer for at least dinner and refreshments on Monday evening, but we will wait and see if that works for Christer--have fun blasting away with the new .50---chris

one of us
Picture of Norbert
posted Hide Post
There are problems with recent Hornady cases .458 Lott. (Neck separation). They are working on it. Not so with Basic Brass # 8798.

Norbert
Big Game Hunting and Cartridges

Posts: 279 | Location: Europe, Eifel hills | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shumba:
Jeff,

I have 50 brand new unfired pieces of Hornady 458 Lott brass. I was thinking of punching out my Win 70 from 458 Win Mag but ended up selling it.

If you are interested let me know.

Tim

Im interested. YOu have a PM

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grafs have it

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DRB
posted Hide Post
Shakari,

Can you let me know how to get in touch with Ken Stewart please.

I would like to buy some, but would actually like them stamped just with .458 and nothing else.

Regards
Dave

Posts: 179 | Location: Durbanville, RSA | Registered: 15 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of Hornady factory softs and solids that I would sell for $30.00 a box or best offer...It is all loose in a bag, but its new and unfired...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray

How many rounds of 458 Lott do you have total? I'll take them. Let me know. Thanks. Cool Cool Razzer Razzer

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
In a pinch, you can fireform Lott brass from .375 or .416 brass. I did some up for my Lott before I sold it, works fine. You can also try Jerry's Sports in PA. www.jerryssportscenter.com/index.jsp?jsessionid=1372641106702576495

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Graf&Sons, they have a reloading components and everything else

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote