THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Leopard Hunters: Take Your Cell Phone

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard Hunters: Take Your Cell Phone
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
For those with leopard hunts this year, please be advised:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070604/od_nm/india_leopard...x2bzLg4CPUGMnx_MWM0F

Mike

Posts: 21696 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Just when you think you've heard it all. . .

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
"Cows mooing and goats bleating"...I don't even want to venture a guess at where they discovered those ringtones.

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have witnessed first hand the same thing with a tape recorded that played the sound of a deer feeder cycling.

We were driving on a lease road not far from a feeder and my "guide" said - 'Watch this' and played the sounds of the automatic feeder doing its thing. Several deer came running to within a few feet of the truck looking around for corn on the ground.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
All it is, is an electronic predator call. We use them for coyotes, bobcats, foxes, etc. all the time.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I'm a professed and admitted cell phone nut. Just ask the staff at my office. However, I have made it a plan to turn the cell phone off permanently, when in the dark contintent. Don't think I'll call too many leopard with it.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote