Find
Notify
Tools

Double good guy report
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted
I just wanted to take a minute to recognize a selfless deed by one of our members and excellent service by another.

About a month ago I received an email from Andrew Baldry (fairgame) with an attachment. It was a high def copy of a pic that he had heard me comment (in passing) a year or so ago that I thought was exceptional. I do not know how it showed back up on his radar screen and he thought to touch it up and send to me, but he did. It showed a level of attention that is rarely seen any more and it gained him nothing more than my gratitude, Thanks Andrew.

Once I received the pic, I knew exactly what to do with it, I contacted Roland at Trophy Prints and asked him for a recommendation. He quickly replied that due to the quality of the file, I could blow it up all the way to 24x36 if I desired. Well, I knew my wife would love it above our bed, and a 2x3 piece would scale and center perfectly above our queen size head board. Roland gave me a quote (I was shocked how affordable it was, as I had seen his work before). I got Roland the money on January 28th, received the piece today (less than 2 weeks) and hung it up while the wife was at work. The piece is absolutely gorgeous and Roland's service was impeccable. Well Done and thank you.

Both of these gentleman are a potential asset to this site and its members.

Thanks again guys tu2

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
well....let's see it popcorn

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
well....let's see it popcorn

No kidding!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brad,

We need to see it. Please!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Obviously, this pic does not do the piece justice, but you can see how it sits in the room...

If you go to Roland's website www.trophyshotprints.com
and look on the cover page under "photo enhancement artist", allow it to scroll through the shots and it is the one of Andrew's camp at Royal Kafue at night.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post

This picture was taken by Kevin Arnold who recently forwarded me a high resolution copy for distribution. If there are any out there who would like a copy of the print you should contact Roland. A small donation to the John Jackson PH fund would not go amiss.

It is a camp scene that many of us would have witnessed before and will remind you of woodsmoke, the chirp of crickets and the distant call of Lion.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheesh that's pretty.
I can certainly understand why someone would want that on their wall.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's gorgeous.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and the distant call of Lion.

and sometimes not so distant

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing photo. Thanks for sharing.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Roland is a good guy from experience. It sure seems that Andrew is also......I just gotta get some first hand experience to make sure Wink

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recall enjoying sundowners with Andrew as an elephant nibbled around that tree. Then two of the camp staff blithely walked out from the right (as we look at the pix) of the lapa heading towards the river. Jumbo made a (false) move in their direction, and they were less blithe moving to shelter behind the lapa...

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:
...and the distant call of Lion.

and sometimes not so distant

You should see our camp male he is a brute and has taken a liking to me and my hut which might be to his detriment in the future.

Like I said anyone is welcome to the image and just contact Roland.

He was a fool to piss off Saeed and had a good thing going.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a new guy how do we contact him

Thanks!

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
For a new guy how do we contact him

Thanks!

Via 505 gibbs

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Just reminded me of the feeling that just being in hunting camp the first night was a successful trip, even before taking a rifle and going for a walk!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Gunslinger55,
Just go to trophy shot prints link in my second post and tell Roland you are interested in the same pic I got, he'll know what you're looking for. Let me k ow if you need some help.
Brad

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Lovely picture; thanks 'fairgame.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote