THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Non hunting Safari options for January?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non hunting Safari options for January?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted
I have a client that wants ideas and options for a non hunting Safari during the month of January. This chap is quite seasoned in African safaris but asked me about January and may have a group interested.
I did explain that this month is at the height of the wet season in a good portion of Africa with many disadvantages such as inaccessibility, low visibility due to foliage, higher risk of malaria and vast diluted range of Game due to high level of water points.
I thought maybe Namibia, Northern Kenya or maybe Uganda.
Any other options you can suggest or offer?
Regards,
Adam

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Adam, very good wet season birdlife and some good elephant around in Hwange, www.nehimba.com

Mart

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Otherwise Camps Bay and the Cliftons. tu2

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
the VERY best time to see the migration in southern serengetti they are giving birth at that time and the action is great ...

namibia is awesome in january aswell

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.ethiopianriftvalleysafaris.com/tips.htm

Adam,

Check with Rich Elliott who posts here on AR.I believe Ethiopia's dry season is Oct-May, and they have a non-hunting section in their company.

FANTASTIC scenery and culture.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9410 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote