THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: My Favourite Snakeman - Iodine Ionides

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My Favourite Snakeman - Iodine Ionides
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I have a couple of Egyptian cobras here in the house. They are so tame I take them out any time I wish. THye are quite happy to slither ofer my shoulders, around my neck or just curl up in my lap.

A few years ago we had an indigo snake - it is very dark slate colour, and everyone thought it was a black mamba - despite all my efforts in telling them otherwise.

I used to bring it down to our shooting room, and it would just curl up behind the rifles in our gun rack.

When someone arrives here, we would ask him to get the rifle behind which the snake is sleeping. It was incredible how many people are so scared of snakes, as Walter used to stand by the door, as they saw teh snake, and ran off, he would get out of the room and lock us all in. We pretended that we knew nothing about the snake, and while trying to catch it, somehow it always ends up on them!

One time we had a man who ran into the shooting tunnel to escape this. Of course, Walter had a field day then. As he turned the lights off in the tunnel, and started screaming at him to watch out for more snakes - as the one we had in the room must have come from the sand bags in the tunnel!

Needless to say, that man has refused to come to our shooting range again.

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, You're giving away all your hospitality treats for new guests. First the 14 yo w/T-Rex, then this. Please don't tell anymore, as I'm hoping for a meeting at our factory in Dubai so I can experience them first hand. Jerry

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I love playing with their minds

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote