THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dallas Show - Saturday Evening Photos

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas Show - Saturday Evening Photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted
And all had a good time. It was great seeing old friends from AR and meeting several new ones. We had a full house Saturday evening at the Marriott for a cocktail party and on to dinner at the Traildust for a great steak dinner, then topped off with dancing at a club, that I can't recall the name of. Too many photos to post.

DSC 2006 Saturday Evening

Sorry some of the pictures are a little out of focus, but as I recall, that is exactly what they looked like to me when I shot them.....hic

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mighty Joe,

Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad to see you in some of them. I enjoyed meeting you and all the other guys.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Mighty Joe:

Thanks for the pics - it was great seeing them since I had to leave early.

Perry, love the lip hair!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the slideshow. It is great to see that so many spouses attended.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Frank, you were missed and Mighty Joe stepped up and filled in as photographer for you...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Man, I'm starting to show some grey! Eeker

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
quote:
then topped off with dancing at a club,

I was reading that line too quick and thought it said "dancing at a club with the tops off". clap

. . . sorry.

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

George

Well George, that's because you took off your floppy hat that you have in your picture. jumping

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mighty Joe, thanks for posting the link to your pictuers.

I really had a great time at DSC, even though I was stuck at my booth for the whole show. It was a hoot both nights going out on the town with all of the ARer's. The DRSS boys were in fine form, and I was glad to meet somemore of them, this year.

Till next year. cheers

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

George

Be glad that you have some hair to show.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
quote:

George

Well George, that's because you took off your floppy hat that you have in your picture. jumping

Hog Killer

Keith, I had to - people were wondering if I was bald under that hat! Cool

It was great meeting you and Jeffeosso.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had to - people were wondering if I was bald under that hat! Cool

George

That's funny. After I met you I asked Christer who you were on AR; when he told me I said, "Wow, I always assumed he was bald under the hat." jumping

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
So you all thought I was hiding something, rather than making a very bold fashion statement? I'm hurt! Frowner

Not! cheers

George

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
It was great to meet everyone in person and to see old friends like Ray, Judge G and Pierre.

Saturday nights party was the only time I was ever in nice hotel banquet room when a man walked in waving a rifle over his head and everyone in the room cheered and applauded rather than running for cover. Only at an AR party in Texas could this happen.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures, very nice, whish I can attend another year.

Christer, where on earth did you find that shirt! Those leafes on it, is it what you smoked when you were in California??? rotflmo

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
I went last year and was welcomed heartily. Wasn't able to make it this year, but it looked like an even larger crowd. cheers I've got to get that on the calendar earlier next year.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Not that they are much good, but you are all welcome to download any of the photos you might want to have.

Regards, MJ

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are that good and they really capture the festive mood. They convey emotion and with just alittle imagination I can hear Tony talking doubles and Ray dislaiming his age. I may mis Mikes" Kelibesh most of all. I had a sitdown with the wife this weekend to let her know how important all this is for me.
Thank you for letting me share.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote