Find
Notify
Tools

SCI World Hunting Awards Banquet?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted
Is this a big deal? I got invited because I entered a head in the record book. Mrs Blacktailer thinks we ought to go but my feeling is that it's just a meeting of the "mine's bigger than yours" club and the hoopla and honors are going to the Inner Circle and Pinnacle awards recipients. Anybody been to it? Do you think it's worth it?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I'd say, if you've got it, flaunt it. You would have to have had a pretty good trophy to be invited. I was invited a few years ago for my Vaal Rhebok.

I'd say it was worth it. Included was a pretty good buffet dinner and if Mrs. Blacktailer wishes to go, how can you refuse?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was it an invite for free or a standard invite they send all convention registerees?

I have a few asking me to sign up, but also, as I recall SCI decided to not have the annual awards guys (for the best animals this year) not get awards at the dinner to make more emphasis on the hunting ring and accumulative awards.

If they are offering a free dinner, you are getting something most likely...if they are just offering a chance to buy a seat, probably not...

Posts: 10737 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think you got the right idea - anything to do with SCI and awards is nothing but a silly MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.

It sure is not my cup of tea?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67290 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would really like to know their survey results related to the awards.

Posts: 12016 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It might just be fun! You could be seated with some very interesting folks. Not everyone that's in the book is an elitist bore.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12911 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
It might just be fun! You could be seated with some very interesting folks. Not everyone that's in the book is an elitist bore.

Mark

Mark is right I think. I have always met interesting and nice people at the Life Member breakfasts.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Every organization has technically something wrong with them
That being said, SCI is good enough in my book despite their awards
I'd say any naysayer can start their own and we'll see how much better it'll be

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote