New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting after Mugabe's Death?? :)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As much as we all hate the bugger, we can still go there and hunt. For better or for worse, the SOB is 90 years old so let's look at the bright side, his days are numbered.

The question is, what do you see happening with Zimbabwe/Hunting once he's dead??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Speculation like this is incredibly difficult, especially for those of us in the States so far removed from the realities of life in Zim. My only comment is that I hope to hell we aren't still having this conversation 10 or more years from now because it seems this topic has already been going on for 10 years since he turned 80!!

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
he's long overdue in hell....

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather...if she can manage to stay alive Wink and if the election is actually squarely run...Joice Mujuru is likely to get the majority vote in 2018.

If it is not her or if he dies before the election...it is likely gonna be "the crocodile"...Emmerson Mnangagwa.

Either or could be better. Mujuru, IMHO, is the most likely to BE better.

Mnangagwa is a business man however and he might be better than the status quo...or...worse.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't uncle Bob remove Joice in the last couple of years and take her out of power for just that reason? Or am I wrong? I believe that he expelled her from her position as Vice President in 2014. I don't think she's up for taking over.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
An outbreak of sectarian violence and tribal warfare on a scale to rival ISIS in Syria.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope I am not there when it happens .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Larry, that is a scary thought!

Just imagine trying to get the hell out of there.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
I can't help wondering what Zim would be like now if C Squadron had nailed him in Maputo in 79. Better, worse, the same; who knows.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

GLOBAL RESCUE!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Didn't uncle Bob remove Joice in the last couple of years and take her out of power for just that reason? Or am I wrong? I believe that he expelled her from her position as Vice President in 2014. I don't think she's up for taking over.

Bob did remove Joice and murdered her husband to put the fear of God into her and take away any loyalties the military might have had to ole Solomon. They say...to reduce him to the small amount of remains found...white phosphorous had to have been used.

But Kenneth Manyangadze, a well connected black PH, told me that if Joice makes it to 2018 alive Wink and runs...she will carry the popular vote. Everyone thinks she will run.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear obama is moving back home to run in summer of 2017...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DHSinger
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't count on much from Mujuru. In 2012 she was part of a group that pulled all the hunting permits in the Save. Then she tried to shake down the Savuli Camp operator where my son and I were supposed to hunt. There was a demand made for $20k a month for permits to be restored. We never made it to Savuli.

Posts: 38 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Milo, if you want a good read then 'See You In November' by Peter Stiff is worth a look. That slippery bastard had more than one life, that is for sure.
Stu

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stuey:
Milo, if you want a good read then 'See You In November' by Peter Stiff is worth a look. That slippery bastard had more than one life, that is for sure.
Stu

Thanks, Stu, I will look it up. The UK played a major part in keeping Mugabe alive. Politicians come and go and don't have to live with their decisions.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote