Find
Notify
Tools

Battery for Tanzania
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is my battery for my upcoming safari in Tanzania (in the Selous). Both rifles are by Roger Biesen (Spokane, Washington). Both are on pre-64 Model 70 actions.

.416 Rem Mag

.416 Rem Mag

.375 H&H on Top .416 Rem Mag on bottom

Regards,

Terry

[This message has been edited by T.Carr (edited 05-10-2002).]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Absolute Class.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Terry P>
posted
Those are some nice rifles T.Carr!! I like your caliber selection for a Tanzania safari. How many days,with who, and what will you be hunting?

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Whheeeet-whooooo. (or however you phonetically describe a whistle)

Very nice Terry. You obviously take the phrase "Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun" very seriously.

Gorgeous rifles. I hope they are lucky for you in Tanzania!

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Terry,

16 days with Swanepoel & Scandrol (Luke Blackbeard PH). Three buffalo, croc, sable, Nyassa wildebeest, zebra, hartebeest and one or two others.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Terry:

What a beautiful pair of rifles.

Would have made ol' Jack O'Connor proud, eh?

Good luck in Tanz.

Will

Posts: 19331 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Yikes!

Terry, those are lovely rifles! I've loved Biesen rifles ever since I was a boy reading Jack O'Connor hunting stories, and I love them to this day. You have a lifetime hunting battery in those two beauties.

Are you going to have Roger do up a .30-06, 7mm Rem. Mag., or a .300 of some kind to round things out?

AD

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Allen,

As soon as I convince Carol of the need ("How many guns do you need?" she asks. I reply, "How many shoes do you need?") I am thinking about a .300 Win Mag.

Regards,

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
A 300 would be nice, after all you deserve it. Tell the war dept. that it's mine and your just holding it for me.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41953 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Ooo, nice wood! Anybody know how to get nose prints off of monitor screens??

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rest of the tree those stocks came from needs to be a coffee table for my den!!! You have 2 beautiful weapons there. Gary.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T.Carr,
Hey! I understand the the cartridge choices for these rifles very well. The perfect two rifle safari battery. They ain't bad looking either.

------------------
RAB

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Uh, excuse me, I've got to go wipe the drool off my chin!

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Terry-
I've made arrangements with Luke for these rifles to disappear. They will miraclously reappear just as I arrive in TZ.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Did you book with Luke this year?

Luke is guiding the elephant hunting for S&S in Botswana. See the link below.

http://www.hunt-africa.com/botswana.htm

Regards,

Terry

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Terry, I'm booked with Ridge Taylor for 2003 and we are trying to borrow Luke from S&S to help us out. If DeBeers will ever give us the final approval, I'll be doing a management hunt with Ronnie Blackbeard late this year in Bots.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I being a gentleman and raised by the good Jesuit Father's would never covet another man's good...pondering...

does the phrase absolutely f_cking awesome meaning anything to you...

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner