New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jules of the Karoo info?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody ever hunted with these folks? Any info would be appreciated!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted on his property with him back in 2002, before he became an outfitter himself. He has something like 76,000 hecters of fenced land with all kinds of game. His main species is Springbuck.
I liked Jules.

Posts: 442 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oryx,

I am probably the wrong person to be answering your post as I know him personally, and have acted as a PH for some of his clients on a few occasions. As stated, his main deal is springbuck, a 15" on his ranch is commonplace, I have photos of some of his top breeding rams, all in the 17 / 18" range, pm me for photos if you like.

The man himself is an absolute gentleman, and as honest as the day is long, his operation is as good as anywhere else I have hunted, and a lot better than some. I would not hesitate to recommend him for a plainsgame hunt.

As stated, his property is low fenced, and sections are an operating sheep ranch, if this is a first hunt, a fun hunt, or a hunt for the book on springbuck or gemsbuck, his is the place to go.

Graham

Posts: 73 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With Quote