THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    VEGAS INTL SPORTING ARMS SHOW vs SCI RENO. (577 Tyrannosaur Anyone?)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VEGAS INTL SPORTING ARMS SHOW vs SCI RENO. (577 Tyrannosaur Anyone?)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Tough choice for exhibitors this year...Reno SCI or Vegas ISA. Since I am primarily a dealer in fine guns, I will be in Vegas at the Mandalay Bay (listed under Double Gun Headquarters).

For visitors, the answer is easy: attend both! Plus the SHOT show if you are really into hardware.

Please stop by to say hello. We won't have a lot of guns on display as we are primarily promoting our internet marketplaces. But we can pull down any item in inventory and tell you about it.

Whether you go or not, be sure to check our doublegunhq.com site for 3 unique and incredible double rifles by Claude Bouchet. This man's trademark is the monolithic barrel set. That's right, one billet of steel, drilled, rifled, then shaped to form the double barrel set. No ribs to fly off, no solder, no brazing.

We will also have some info on our 2005 Safaris so you don't have to go to Reno to book your hunt if you are mainly interested in the Vegas show.

BTW

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould: monolithic barrel set. That's right, one billet of steel, drilled, rifled, then shaped to form the double barrel set. No ribs to fly off, no solder, no brazing.

How does he regulate them?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ Gould,

I had to rush to your website and look at the rifles. I read about Claude Bouchet and contacted him through Raymond Caranta some years ago when Caranta wrote about his experiments in Gun Digest. At that time, he was not sure about selling his rifles and was making guns only for himself and I heard that he was planning to retire after selling off his agricultural equipment company.

Are these one off guns or is he planning to start making more of them? I cannot afford them but I hope that you would not mind my asking.

Best wishes and good hunting,

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If someone can tell me how to get permission turned on to post photos, I will post diagrams.

The photos are posted on the big bores forum. The distances are noted on each diagram.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mehulkamdar:
Russ Gould,

I had to rush to your website and look at the rifles. I read about Claude Bouchet and contacted him through Raymond Caranta some years ago when Caranta wrote about his experiments in Gun Digest. At that time, he was not sure about selling his rifles and was making guns only for himself and I heard that he was planning to retire after selling off his agricultural equipment company.

Are these one off guns or is he planning to start making more of them? I cannot afford them but I hope that you would not mind my asking.

Best wishes and good hunting,

He still has a couple more guns left in him, takes him about 3-4 years to complete a gun. So yes, he will make any cal you want using his monobloc design.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Believe me, they are regulated and will stay that way forever. It's done by a special process after the gun is built. I am not at liberty to say how.

If someone can tell me how to get permission turned on to post photos, I will post diagrams.
Added
The photos are posted on the big bores forum. The distances are noted on each diagram.