Find
Notify
Tools

Family safari in Tanzania
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Hi all, I'm wondering if I should do a family vacation and see Victoria Falls, the Ngorongoro Crater, etc. as opposed to booking a Safari that includes some sight seeing as well. I'd be taking my two sons and my wife. She might just want to do the sight seeing so I'd want to do that first. The boys and I would like to each shoot a buffalo and some plains game, not planning to spend much on taxidermy. Saeed's safari's with Alan Vincent are magnificent so that's an option. This is a one time deal for me so I'm willing to spend $100k including air fare and tip all inclusive (though I haven't discussed money with the wife yet lol ...))

Any advice appreciated, Saeed I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Vic Falls is a loooooong way from Masailand & I reckon you'd make a big saving in both time & money by not trying to do both on the same trip.

A tour of the Northern safari circuit followed by a 10 day hunt would be a fantastic trip though & funnily enough we've just planned the former part of that for someone else.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks, my older son (soon to be a former Ranger and current college student) and my younger son are thinking the same thing. A family vacation "photo safari", followed by a hunt for the old man. The two boys would rather I take them brown bear hunting in Alaska which means I go as an observer. Going to try and get this all done in the next three years so I'll be posting more and hopefully see some of you at SCI Reno.

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Did a similar trip a few years ago.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=753109247#753109247
PM me if you want more details.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Marked booked my brown bear hunt for me and I was very happy with it. It was exactly as he described it.

Regards,

Chuck