THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Health Alert: Lusaka (Zambia), Enhanced Screening Due to COVID-19

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Health Alert: Lusaka (Zambia), Enhanced Screening Due to COVID-19
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.osac.gov/Content/R...6b-abc6-1836fe507729

Health Alert: Lusaka (Zambia), Enhanced Screening Due to COVID-19

Event: On March 14, the Zambian Minister of Health released a statement regarding the potential for COVID-19 in country and preventative, surveillance, and response measures. The government has begun to implement enhanced screening, quarantine, and prevention measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 are subject to mandatory isolation at a Government of Zambia-designated health facility. All travelers arriving in Zambia from any country with confirmed COVID-19 cases are required to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days, and to inform Zambian heath officials if they develop symptoms. All additional measures and restrictions are included in the Health Minister’s, statement which is available on the Zambia National Public Health Institute website.

We’ve also received reports of travel restrictions for U.S. citizens traveling to South Africa and Kenya, potentially limiting travel back to the United States. Many areas throughout the world are now experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and taking action that may limit traveler mobility, including quarantines and border restrictions. Even countries, jurisdictions, or areas where cases have not been confirmed may restrict travel without notice.

On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at a higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.

Actions to Take:

Reconsider international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.
Contact the airline directly for information on flights, cancellations, schedule changes, routings, etc.
Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information and individual country pages for country-specific information on COVID-19 and current travel/transit information.
Ensure your U.S. passport is valid for more than six months and has sufficient visa pages available if urgent travel back to the United States becomes necessary. If you need to apply for a replacement passport or an emergency passport for urgent travel, please visit our website or contact us.
Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Zambia.
Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
Assistance:

U.S. Embassy Lusaka

Phone:

+(260) 211-357-000

+(260) 966-050-123

+(260) 761-107-000

Email: ACSLusaka@state.gov

State Department - Consular Affairs +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444

Zambia Country Information

Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I myself have not hunted Buffalo in ages. What an opportunity to spend some quality time in the bush with my wife.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Andrew. Enjoy!

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew;
I’m going to self quarantine at Royal Kafue!
Can’t wait!

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
I myself have not hunted Buffalo in ages. What an opportunity to spend some quality time in the bush with my wife.

It's about time you got to hunt by yourself, Andrew, at your own pace ! Enjoy your family in the bush!

…………………………...…………... old MacD37 tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote