New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Gang in Reno
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It was good to see everyone at the bar on Friday.
Didn't anyone take any photos of the motley crew that showed up? Ok..I admit I forgot and left my camera in the booth.
Besides the usual Fri. gathering it was great to visit with all of you that came by the booth to say hello and to buy goodies.
Evidently the folks that came to Dallas and SCI this year came to spend money as both of the shows were super for us and for most of the other vendors I spoke to.
Merkel was across the aisle from us in Reno and they were busy, busy, busy. They had three people in their booth and most times it looke akin to a revolving door over there. They sure had some nice toys too. Besides the bolt guns and double rifles there was a 257 Wby. stalking rifle that would sure look nice in my Mule. The fact that they had 5 Tuffpak cases behind their booth that they came to Reno in didn't hurt our sales either.
Wayne Holt, Dir. of Sales / Marketning for Hornady came by to tell us the mileage on the ones that Hornady uses too.
The Surefire and Leatherman booths were rocking and rolling too as they were around the corner from us. Magnum Research was just across and a couple of booths up and they were busy too. Some nice worked over Ruger 10/22's.
The aisle in the building we were in were crowded most of the time it seemed to me.
Several PH's and Outfitters came by and bought cases to take home in order to not suffer the out of country freight and they all were smiling big. Most of them are sold out for quite some time. Let the good times roll!
I like it when the money goes round and round and round. When it stops is when it is bad for all of us.
Better tomorrows!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a pleasure to meet you and buy a Tuff Pac which against all odds I am sure will safely transport my guns around the world-even flying home to Canada I was asked twice where I was golfing-seems to me it might just make things a bit easier!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Harry, it was good to see you and shake your hand, I'm going to put the TuffPack I bought last year to work finally! Good to meet all the folks I could and had a great time at dinner, there were 13, wish more could have made it.

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of Reno shots:

Dinner at Cliam Jumpers Had a great time, thanks to all that showed up

Here's the Boys from African Hunter Magazine - - - - - - -

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I recognize Ron, Louis and wife...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the Giraffe Lounge at about 3:30 pm Friday but didn't recognize anyone or see any AR badges, so I left.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of potatoes on our plates. There will be much dieting ahead!

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dieting..I don't see any heavyweights in these photos...just some shirts that have come untucked in front maybe. Wink

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote