Find
Notify
Tools

Back Skin Value
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
I have some tanned back skins I will not be using. Can anyone help me with the value? I have buffalo, wildebeest, impala, and hartebeast. I also have a felt backed zebra skin rug done by Atcheson's I have no place to use.

Appreciate for any help.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Crowkiller
posted Hide Post
I have no idea of their value, but if you are looking of ways to use them, I thought this was a good idea:
Pillow from Backskins

I've not used them yet, but thought it was a great way to get more from your trophies.

TANSTAAFL

Posts: 73 | Location: Georgia USA | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By "backskin" do you mean just the portion which is left after using the front half for a shoulder mount, or do you mean the entire skin? Either way, I'm not sure of the value.

Zebra rugs can be pretty pricey, at least from retailers. I see them asking $1,500 to $2,000. Wholesale, or individual to individual may be different.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

The rug if unused is definitely worth more than you paid to get it done. Let me know if you find a market for your backskins. I have a couple of Rubber Maid totes full that I may never use.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much you pay me to haul them away for You? Seriously there is little or no market for the backsins. You can try putting them up on taxidermy.net and see if you get lucky. Someone might need something you have. Maybe even the arts and crafter types if nothing else. If the zebra is rugged well you should get a fair price for it say 900 to 1200 depending on the quality. Put the rug up here with some pics and a price first. I think you will do better here on the rug.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for your input. I will post the Rug on ARBAY with Pictures.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote