New
Find
Notify
Tools

Partner Wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a partner to do a 2 on 1 or a 2 on 2 buff hunt in Zambia next Sept. I've booked a hunt with Peter Chipman of Kwalata Safaris for Sept 19-25. The cost for the seven day buff hunt is about $8,000 for 2 on 1 and the 2 on 2 price is $500 more, but we would each have our own PH. This is the same hunt area that Bill C hunted for his lion and buff and the same place that Marc Watts filmed his Perfectly Shot Zambian Plains Game video. The hunt area is the lower Lupande in the south Luangwa Valley. There is a good chance to take a 38 inch plus buff with big bosses. This area is still the old wild Africa and should be a great hunting experience. You should be able to take some plains game on this hunt. Peter books through Wes Hixon 800-550-5125. http://weshixon.com/index.jsp. This will be my third safari but my first DG hunt. The reason I'm looking for a partner is the 1 on 1 cost is $1,500 more which is a little steep for me. Please PM me if interested and serious inquires only.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
So I didn't see the next Sept. part...I get all a fludtered when it comes to buff hunting

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Donato,

When I hunted Lower Lupande in '98 there were actually quite a lot of locals around. It is a great safari destination though with abundant "cheekie" elephant, many puku and impala. Late in the season when yo plan to go there many buffalo should have come over from the park. If I were you I would ask about taking a hippo since they are common in the Luangwa, easy to get to and you may not have an opportunity to hunt them on a short hunt elsewhere.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote