THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Adjusting The Ban On Liquids, Aerosols And Gels

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjusting The Ban On Liquids, Aerosols And Gels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
News & Happenings
Agency Adjusts Liquid Ban, Aviation Threat Level Remains High

Effective Tuesday, September 26, TSA Is Adjusting The Ban On Liquids, Aerosols And Gels
There are two major changes:

Travelers may now carry through security checkpoints travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less) that fit comfortably in ONE, QUART-SIZE, clear plastic, zip-top bag.
After clearing security, travelers can now bring beverages and other items purchased in the secure boarding area on-board aircraft.
At the checkpoint travelers will be asked to remove the zip-top bag of liquids and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

In addition, larger amounts of prescription liquid medications, baby formula and diabetic glucose treatments must be declared at the checkpoint for additional screening.

It is unlikely that additional changes in the liquid, aerosol and gel policy will be made in the near future.

This security regimen applies to all domestic and international flights departing U.S. airports. Travelers should, however, check with transportation security authorities in their country-of-origin for flights originating at non-U.S. airports.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a little bit more confusion, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
I wonder when I can bring sow-in-heat urine aboard!

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the TSA keeps reacting to the tools used in the most recent attack eventually we'll all be flying in airline-issued pajamas after submitting to "invasive searches" and full body X-rays.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for explosive Kleenex, rubber flip-flops, contact lenses, toupees, anything made of cotton, and aluminum aircraft frames.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago, I was on my way back from New Zealand. I had a carry-on backpack with four items that were confiscated at the second passenger screening checkpoint in Auckland for aircraft bound to the US: (1) small travel size toothpaste that was nearly empty, (1) small tube of antibiotic ointment, (1) figurine smaller than a ping pong ball because it was filled with "liquid" and (1) tube of preparation H.

With the exception of the figurine, all were carried on with me in the same backpack on my way downunder. The US airport screening (two times) did not confiscate. The figurine was purchased at the Auckland airport at a gift shop past the first security checkpoint (go figure). The US is now safe that preparation H is in the hands of the Kiwis!

This entire security gig is way way overdone.

Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picture of Will

Posted Sep 25, 4:07 PM
I'm waiting for explosive Kleenex, rubber flip-flops, contact lenses, toupees, anything made of cotton, and aluminum aircraft frames.

Don't be giving them any new ideas. Cool
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine who works for the gov here in the states in a job that involves security (Not TSA) answered my question when I told him it was ridiculous that people were not allowed small amounts of hairgels, etc. He said it isnt the "one" person they are trying to stop, it is the many people that want to combine the materials once on board that they are trying to discourage from bringing it on board.....for what it's worth.

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I returned from a business trip in Colombia, South America less than two weeks ago. They were letting people bring back liquor purchased in the duty free shops once past security check points. However, the catch was that the people who owned or were working at the duty free shop had to take whatever you purchased to the departing gate. When boarding the plane there was a pile of purchased liquid items in bags that had been secured with owners identification attached. While boarding you picked up the bag that was yours and then got on the plane. Not sure if they are doing this in other countries; however, if I'd had known earlier, I would have had a bag waiting for me in the jet way.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
A friend of mine who works for the gov here in the states in a job that involves security (Not TSA) answered my question when I told him it was ridiculous that people were not allowed small amounts of hairgels, etc. He said it isnt the "one" person they are trying to stop, it is the many people that want to combine the materials once on board that they are trying to discourage from bringing it on board.....for what it's worth.

So what is stopping a terrorist from strapping 2 IV bottles to his legs and walking right on the plane?

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglast:
A couple of weeks ago, I was on my way back from New Zealand. I had a carry-on backpack with four items that were confiscated at the second passenger screening checkpoint in Auckland for aircraft bound to the US: (1) small travel size toothpaste that was nearly empty, (1) small tube of antibiotic ointment, (1) figurine smaller than a ping pong ball because it was filled with "liquid" and (1) tube of preparation H.

With the exception of the figurine, all were carried on with me in the same backpack on my way downunder. The US airport screening (two times) did not confiscate. The figurine was purchased at the Auckland airport at a gift shop past the first security checkpoint (go figure). The US is now safe that preparation H is in the hands of the Kiwis!

This entire security gig is way way overdone.

Doug

How is it overdone if it keeps people from getting killed??

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have just learned to roll with the punches. We were coming back from Africa and were in Jo'burg when they announced the ban. Had to give up all of my contact lens (pre-packaged) and other eye products which made the long flight back a little more difficult, but in the end it was understandable in light of the threat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:

How is it overdone if it keeps people from getting killed??

Jarrod,

Don't get me started. I am not even close to being convinced that this is nothing but a bunch of CRAP. Now you can carry on three ounces of liquids that can fit in a quart bag? One week ago I couldn't carry on a small tube of toothpaste??? BUNCH OF CRAP

I can buy bottles of liquid in the duty free shop and carry them on???? What is to stop a ring of terrorists from smuggling liter "liquor" bottles filled with flammables into a duty free shop that are subsequently carried on??? BUNK

If you feel safer that TSA has my tube of toothpaste and preparation H (along with millions of other passengers), I feel bad because you have a false sense of true security.

Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote