THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Interesting new procedure in the Harare airport

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting new procedure in the Harare airport
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When one arrives in the Harare airport, they make each person stop on a pad. They pointed a machine that I thought was a camera. It, in fact, checks your temperature . Then they check your passport to see if you have been to a country where ebola is a problem .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Good job you're not very hot, Larry.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard on the radio this morning that that's what airport personnel are supposed to be doing for all persons departing from the countries that presently have ebola.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had numerous women tell me that!

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have had numerous women tell me that!

Yeah, then you woke up! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milo Shanghai:
Good job you're not NOT NB NOT = NEGATIVE very hot, Larry.

selective reading, good morning Biebs stir Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a "We got to do something" situation, won't detect anybody infected but not symptomatic. I don't know of anything that will.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10564 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
There used to be a time when if you had chickenpox, smallpox, etc., you were quarantened. Now, because of political correctness we can't keep ebola patient's out of the U.S.A. and we have an idiot who sends troops to ebola country for no good reason.

I know, some people actually live with ebola as long as they get tens of thousands of dollars worth of treatment so ebola isn't really a big deal.

Yea, right.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
coming back from safaris in Mozambique a few weeks ago i came through Nyamapanda border post, both the Moz officials and Zim officials were wearing surgical masks and the Zim guys were wearing latex gloves (I panicked Smiler ) and the same when I crossed into South Africa, the Beit bridge Zim side officials were wearing masks and I was asked where I had been and come from.

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
They had thermal scanners screening folks flying into China years ago, think they still do.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

The thermal scanners are only there to make travelers "feel" more comfortable. They cannot catch someone who has been infected but not demonstrating an illness. Because it can take up to 21 days from infection to illness, there will be many more infected travelers boarding aircraft.

As we learned with the last H1N1 outbreak, the cameras are ineffectual at controlling the international spread of disease.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They had the same system in Joberg when we were there in 2010. I wasn't aware of any outbreaks at the time, but I think it makes some sense.

Posts: 332 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
When one arrives in the Harare airport, they make each person stop on a pad. They pointed a machine that I thought was a camera. It, in fact, checks your temperature . Then they check your passport to see if you have been to a country where ebola is a problem .

tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:

The thermal scanners are only there to make travelers "feel" more comfortable. They cannot catch someone who has been infected but not demonstrating an illness. Because it can take up to 21 days from infection to illness, there will be many more infected travelers boarding aircraft.

As we learned with the last H1N1 outbreak, the cameras are ineffectual at controlling the international spread of disease.

Well said my friend old

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500nitro:
coming back from safaris in Mozambique a few weeks ago i came through Nyamapanda border post, both the Moz officials and Zim officials were wearing surgical masks and the Zim guys were wearing latex gloves (I panicked Smiler ) and the same when I crossed into South Africa, the Beit bridge Zim side officials were wearing masks and I was asked where I had been and come from.

Now THAT is FUNNY!!!!! jumping

Posts: 225 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It happened to me in Joburg two years ago coming back from Zim and I got pulled out of line, checked, questioned and released.
They were actually very nice and walked me to front of the line.
Had slightly high fever after the hunt, don't know why but I had some kinda bug for sure.
Way before Ebola.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are in lots of air ports and have been for years.

Most places where you are directed down to single file your temp is being checked.

They are looking for more than ebola. But I guess this has just woken every ones attention.
Mind you I have not seen temp testing in any african country before.

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A year ago, going through Or Tambo airport in SA I failed they 'eye temperature test. I didn't even have a bad cold. let alone malaria or sleeping sickness.(I firmuly belive that all passengers should be screned for excessive alchol content and all members of the US senate and House of representitiveves be exposed´to :- Alchhol tests, which are alot more accurate that drub creening (10% False result).

At least it would improve our estimate who of the bunch of chmanzies acutaully governs Amrica ( my Guess is a bunch of confirmed alcholoics ) but with interesting drugs...that call is in is question- Both Kerry and Obama admit to smoling the standard african 'coollit medicine'...how many others would see you in jail than a legitimate hunter

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
If you are a " hot mama" boy will she be in trouble.

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote