THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Botswana Chobe enclave CH1/CH2 for elephant-what do you know?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Botswana Chobe enclave CH1/CH2 for elephant-what do you know?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greetings AR Colleagues,

Can anyone tell give me information, maps, descriptions about the areas referred to as CH1 and CH2 which are part of the Chobe enclave and are apparently completely surrounded by the Chobe National Park. I am especially interested in that area for elephant. I did a search here and could not find any information. Has anyone hunted that area?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul - I hunted CH1/CH2 (Chobe Enclave), in 2008 for elephant. Shockey & I spent 12 days there together hunting with Ronnie Blackbeard.

The area actually lies at the northern boundary of the park, so of course it shares a common boundary too. The area is absolutely loaded with elephants! We hunted in July, and I am sure we saw over 500 elephants, at least! I have also hunted Bottlepan, and Sankuyo, but can't say as far as trophy quality goes, CH1/CH2 is any better or worse than other Botswana areas. We saw lots of 40-50lb bulls, a few over 50lbs, 1 broken tusk bull over 60lbs, and 1 huge bull of 75lbs, that we just had bad luck on.

At the time, S&S was in control of the block, but I think Greg Butler has it now. I have also hunted Bots with Greg, he's a good guy, and generally runs a very good hunt. I heard they raised the quota in that area from 16 bulls, when I was there, to 26 now, but you would need to verify that as fact.

Anything else I can help with, please let me know??

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, i have hunted ch1 and 2 for appox 20 days and can tell you lots about it. not sure who has complete control now but Jack Andrews has overall control. I can connect you with right guys if you want to go there. unfortunately i am in zim for next 10 days. Will try to reponsd to a pm if you want to talk.

larry

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, Larry,

Apologies for the delayed response, been away from the forums on business. I've sent a follow up PM. Thank you very much for the feedback and input....gets the blood boiling!

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote