THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Robert Ruark - Auction of elephant tusks and bronze bust of Ruark

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Ruark - Auction of elephant tusks and bronze bust of Ruark
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted
I have been contacted by Doyle of New York and they are auctioning a pair of Bob Ruark's elephant tusks (the first elephant he ever shot with my father) and a bronze bust of himself. The auction will take place on November 3rd.

Some pretty historic stuff! If anyone is interested contact Gillian Ryan of Doyle, New York email address: gillian.ryan@doylenewyork.com

She will email you all the information and pics.

Cheers
Gail

"Tackle all stressful situations like a dog –if you can’t eat it or roll in it then piss on it and walk away."

Posts: 38 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 16 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. Always nice to see your posts on these forums!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
What Rusty said -- good to see you visting us again.

Quite an interesting auction.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
doylenewyork.com

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for posting the pics .. I still haven't figured out how to do it!! Confused Smiler

Gail

"Tackle all stressful situations like a dog –if you can’t eat it or roll in it then piss on it and walk away."

One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
WOW-what kind of $$ can those be worth? I know I would love to own those pieces of African hunting history-I just finished reading Horn of the Hunter for the thousandth time last week-still a masterpiece of hunting literature.

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gail Selby:
Many thanks for posting the pics .. I still haven't figured out how to do it!! Confused Smiler

Gail

I used the email address to go to the auction house website.

Found the pics there.

Opened the pics in a separate browser window. Not sure how to do that on a PC, on a Mac it is [control] click.

copy that address to clipboard

click on little picture icon at the top of the reply box.

paste url there.

A lot easier to do than describe!!!

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Estimate $30k-$50k. That would appear to include the bust as well.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
quote:
Originally posted by Gail Selby:

Gail

I used the email address to go to the auction house website.

Found the pics there.

Opened the pics in a separate browser window. Not sure how to do that on a PC, on a Mac it is [control] click.

copy that address to clipboard

click on little picture icon at the top of the reply box.

paste url there.

A lot easier to do than describe!!!

Many thanks for the tips - will give it a try next time! Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gail,

If you go to www.photobucket.com you can down load your pictures there then post them anywhere you like.

To copy a picture from a another web site simply right click on the picture then click "save as", then give it a name. Then the next time you go to Photobucket you can simple hit the upload pictures icon find the picture you want in your files and the rest is history.

I hope that helps.
Oh and by the way the basic photobucket sign up is free.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is, "Wow, wow, and double WOW!!"

10-4 to nomrcy. Those are amazing living memories.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote