THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Friday from the Field: USFW Making Headway with CITES Applications

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday from the Field: USFW Making Headway with CITES Applications
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted
Safari Specialty Importers is excited to share we are seeing significant movement from USFW in the processing of CITES Import Permits. CITES Import Permits are needed for the legal import of CITES I animals (Leopard, Lion, Elephant, Markhor, etc.)

SSI oversees the CITES Application process on behalf of our clients, ensuring that the necessary information is completed correctly, then monitoring the permit throughout the approval process. If you have a CITES Permit or need to apply for one, contact us today!

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What did you get approved?

And how long have they been in the process proseedure?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

We have had two leopard permits issued with 4 more pending. Those should be issued by the first week of March. Four lion permits pending that should be issued by end of May. USFW is working on the Namibian Elephant permits that we have and those can be issued at anytime.

The issued permits were completed in 3.5 months. This is at least two months faster than average as SSI works with our dedicated group of USFW officers that oversee our permit applications. Individual hunters are seeing permits take as long as 6-7 months.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My leopard permit was approved last week after 7 months.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
My leopard permit was approved last week after 7 months.

Lhook, congrats on getting the permit! Let me know if SSI can assist in getting your trophies home.

BTW, that is one of my favorite Pratchett quotes!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are your applications electronically filed? I’m hearing rumor that electronic e-filing is getting much faster approvals than paper filings for animals such as leopard.

Rumor or fact?

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rookhawk:
Are your applications electronically filed? I’m hearing rumor that electronic e-filing is getting much faster approvals than paper filings for animals such as leopard.

Rumor or fact?

USFW has moved all of the applications to the ePermit system. SSI aided USFW in the streamlining of the system as it had many issues upon the initial launch.

USFW is moving faster than in 2021. We have recently received a Leopard Permit that we applied for 3.5 months ago, and we expect 3 more in the next week or so. This is a record time as USFW requires a minimum of 3 months to process permit applications.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
well At the age of 85 years, and in some bad health, I doubt I'll ever be importing anything from Africa again! old
However I'm glad some of you young guys are trying to fix some of the crap rules that have come down the pike sense I last visited Africa that would make hunting there and getting your animals back home because all I can do is admire the mounts in my trophy room, and shoot my collection of double rifles here in the states dream of times gone by. CRYBABY
.................... old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Wyatt,
How do you check? I heard through the grapevine that someone’s ele permiy for and ele from Zim had moved to “in-progress” and I tried to log in to check on mine. I could get logged in but every time I went to permits…it kicked me out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Wyatt,
How do you check? I heard through the grapevine that someone’s ele permiy for and ele from Zim had moved to “in-progress” and I tried to log in to check on mine. I could get logged in but every time I went to permits…it kicked me out!

Lane, strange that it kicked you from the permit page. There may have been an issue with the site. Shoot me a call at 845-943-5943 and we can see what I can do to check on your permit.